Wine and soda at Pan Am pier

Ed

We are on RCI out of San Juan and I believe they leave from the Pan Am pier. Is there a wine store in the Pan Am pier that you can purchase wine, water and soda. Any issues taking it on. What are prices like for the wines and selection?

Found some old posts saying there was a store but not sure it is still there. Things change.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There is a store cannot help you with the prices. There is duty free liquor which obviously you cannot drink on board. Across the street and one block down from the pier is a CVS where you can purchase, water, soda snacks anything you need. Also a small little store in the pier that has some soda and water.

Edited by mommyto2girls

There is a store at the Pan Am pier. Not sure if prices. I had 2 bottles of wine in my carry on. No one asked to see them or stopped me.

The CVS is in Old San Juan, not by the Pan Am pier, so that is not an option.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We cruised from there a few years ago... when you "first" check in there is a store to buy your goodies.. (already been through security) and nobody ask me a thing.

After going to our cabins and returning it was harder to get through

Cathy

We cruised from there a few years ago... when you "first" check in there is a store to buy your goodies.. (already been through security) and nobody ask me a thing.

After going to our cabins and returning it was harder to get through

Cathy

Does anyone know if this is the same pier that Carnival uses? Need to buy cases of water to take on ship and was hoping to get it at a store close to the pier.

Does anyone know if this is the same pier that Carnival uses? Need to buy cases of water to take on ship and was hoping to get it at a store close to the pier.

No, Carnival docks in Old San Juan. CVS or Walgreens is your best bet.

There is a Walgreens walking distance from the pier. We got a case of water and a case of diet pepsi. (What we paid at Walgreens was the cost of one bottle/can on the ship)

No problem getting it on the Valor

Cathy

Edited by rjrice1

• 2 weeks later...

I am taking a cruise in Dec 2014. One of the stops is San Juan. Does anyone know if the Celebrity Reflection stops in OSJ? And does anyone know if I can purchase wine, water or soda and bring it on the ship?