Car Rental In Aruba

Raxter54

We'll be arriving at Aruba next February at 1 PM. Does anyone have any experience with car rentals in Aruba? Good idea/bad idea? Are there any rental companies that meet you at the dock?

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Royal will meet you at dock. There have been a few threads on car rentals recently on this aruba board that may be helpful. We reserved royal for June. I will let you know how it was.

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing about your experience. ...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have used Royal Car Rental the last 2 years we cruised to Aruba. The first time we rented a car and just explored. March 2017 we rented a jeep and went to the national park. It was amazing, just tell Royal what time you want to pick up the car and return it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry! Hit send by accident! Note. Royal does not have a rental booth at the port.. They will come back to the rental lot at the time you specify. The last cruise we wanted to leave a little later. I walked out to do the car paperwork and then got back on board to eat!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I CANNOT recommend Royal in Aruba. I booked a jeep for the day. They took my credit card and confirmed via e-mail. While on the ship, I received an e-mail stating that they "would not have a jeep" for me. I replied that I have a confirmation, and that they have my credit card. I told them that I needed SOMETHING to drive that day, even if not a jeep, and even if not from them, and asked if they could assist, but their only response was, "sorry, no cars."

I CANNOT recommend Royal in Aruba. I booked a jeep for the day. They took my credit card and confirmed via e-mail. While on the ship, I received an e-mail stating that they "would not have a jeep" for me. I replied that I have a confirmation, and that they have my credit card. I told them that I needed SOMETHING to drive that day, even if not a jeep, and even if not from them, and asked if they could assist, but their only response was, "sorry, no cars."

Oh wow! Sorry to hear that! I hope you found a car through another company!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...