Azamara Disembarkation Process

madcity traveler

Greetings. We are new to Azamara and cruising in general. We are booked on the Journey departing Istanbul on April 27, 2015. I am interested in the process of disembarking the ship at Civitavecchia (scheduled arrival at 6:00 am), since I want to book a private car or shuttle to get to the airport for a 12:25 pm flight. I would also be agreeable to sharing a car/van and costs with other passengers from our cruise, but am unsure of where to post such a question.) All of the car services require a pick-up time. At disembarkation are passengers free to leave the ship whenever they want, or is there a specific time given to each passenger? Do I need to take into consideration any restrictions from the cruise line, or simply order the car for a time that best works for my flight departure?

Also, is breakfast served on disembarkation day--and if yes, are there earlier times to allow passengers to eat prior to leaving the ship?

Sorry for posting such newbie questions, but I have found information from the cruise line to be rather scarce on some of these nuts and bolts questions--especially for us novice cruisers.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi. Azamara no longer make announcements for groups to leave the ship. You decide the time you want to leave and indicate that on the debarkation questionnaire that you'll get part way through the cruise. You'll get a luggage tag with a number that relates to your requested departure to put on your bags the night before and then you just walk off the ship when you are ready. With a 12.25pm flight you probably want to be off the ship by 8.30am. Breakfast is served from 6.30am until 8.30am on the morning of debarkation.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I would also be agreeable to sharing a car/van and costs with other passengers from our cruise, but am unsure of where to post such a question.)

The place to post this is in the ROLL CALL section. Go to that section of the Cruise Critic Message Boards. You will find the Azamara section and your ship, and then search for your cruise. If you post in that thread, others travelling on your cruise may respond to share the transportation. Good Luck.

PS The Istanbul airport is somewhat confusing and takes time to navigate, but I think 8:30 AM pick would be fine. Plus they request that everyone is off the ship by 9:00AM

Edited by leo178

My wife and I are also disembarking at Civitavecchia on 11th May. We have a 1230 flight from Rome and have booked a cab to collect us from the cruise terminal at 09.15. Maybe we could obtain a larger vehicle to take you as well

My wife and I are also disembarking at Civitavecchia on 11th May. We have a 1230 flight from Rome and have booked a cab to collect us from the cruise terminal at 09.15. Maybe we could obtain a larger vehicle to take you as well

Phil,

Thanks for your response. You said you would be disembarking on May 11. If we are on the same cruise, disembarkation would be on May 7. Also, you mentioned that you had ordered a taxi for a 9:15 pickup. It is my understanding from talking to the people at Azamara, that they expect the ship to be emptied by 9:00.

Therefore I would suggest, if we are able to share a cab, that the pickup be at either 8:30 or 8:45, which would still give us plenty of time to have breakfast onboard and get to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Have you checked on the cab you ordered to see if it is reliable? I have read some horror stories about people getting stranded at the port because their car did not meet them--but then again, perhaps I'm just too paranoid about these type of things.

My mistake we are disembarking on May 7th

Have checked our flight which departs FCO at 12.45. I assume you also are departing from there and not the other Rome airport.

I have booked with Romecabs. Before making the booking I searched Tripadvisor and they were recommended in a Dec14 post. Their web page was also informative, suggest you check.

Price is 130 euros for 2 people and 150 euros for 4 people. They recommend departure from Civitavecchia at least 3 hours prior to flight departure

My mistake we are disembarking on May 7th

Have checked our flight which departs FCO at 12.45. I assume you also are departing from there and not the other Rome airport.

I have booked with Romecabs. Before making the booking I searched Tripadvisor and they were recommended in a Dec14 post. Their web page was also informative, suggest you check.

Price is 130 euros for 2 people and 150 euros for 4 people. They recommend departure from Civitavecchia at least 3 hours prior to flight departure

I have also read about Romecabs and they seem to be recommended by several travelers and reliable. Yes, we are also leaving from FCO, so if your cab can be changed to four passengers, we would be happy to share the cost with you. My wife and I will each have one checked bag and a backpack as a carry-on.

Hope a ride share works out.

We disembarked at Civitevecchia ourselves. We did not take luggage tags and did not place our bags outside our rooms. We wheeled our bags off the ship ourselves to our awaiting transfer which we scheduled ourselves. It was very easy.

We had breakfast early in the main dining room. Lovely last morning on the ship.