Is ship's water allowed in New Zealand port quarantine control?

roquejo

I've read that New Zealand, just like Australia have strict quarantine procedures that no food is allowed off the ship and they occasionally have sniffing dogs.

I'm also sure that unopened sealed commercially bottled water is allowed.

But what about ship's water stored in your own personal water bottles? Anyone has experience bringing them out from the ship in New Zealand ports..

Based on my cruising experience on other ports, even if the ship's daily handout says this port only allow sealed commercially bottled water in, the ports do allow ship's water out in all cases so far in my cruising life.

Since this will be my first New Zealand cruise, in your actual experience, do they allow ship's water taken into the port?

I've read that New Zealand, just like Australia have strict quarantine procedures that no food is allowed off the ship and they occasionally have sniffing dogs.

I'm also sure that unopened sealed commercially bottled water is allowed.

But what about ship's water stored in your own personal water bottles? Anyone has experience bringing them out from the ship in New Zealand ports..

Based on my cruising experience on other ports, even if the ship's daily handout says this port only allow sealed commercially bottled water in, the ports do allow ship's water out in all cases so far in my cruising life.

Since this will be my first New Zealand cruise, in your actual experience, do they allow ship's water taken into the port?

Hi speaking as a kiwi, and also someone who continually carries a bottle of water, I have never been stopped coming off a ship with it.

Good luck...NZ is a great country hope you have a great trip...

regards Roscoe

Hi speaking as a kiwi, and also someone who continually carries a bottle of water, I have never been stopped coming off a ship with it.

Good luck...NZ is a great country hope you have a great trip...

regards Roscoe

Thanks, I'm going in Feb so it's summer. So water is important. I always refill ship's water when going out in port, rather than buying bottled water everytime I am in port.

This will be my 2nd time in New Zealand, the first time is a land tour so more on inland, now having done that will do it again via cruise....

Such a beautiful scenic country.

Thanks, I'm going in Feb so it's summer. So water is important. I always refill ship's water when going out in port, rather than buying bottled water everytime I am in port.

This will be my 2nd time in New Zealand, the first time is a land tour so more on inland, now having done that will do it again via cruise....

Such a beautiful scenic country.

yup..feb should be fine and dandy, you'll need your water bottle and at about $2.50 - $4.50 better you bring your own!. If you are around the viaduct area there are public fountains you can refill , the city water is very safe to drink. What were you planning to do here>?

yup..feb should be fine and dandy, you'll need your water bottle and at about $2.50 - $4.50 better you bring your own!. If you are around the viaduct area there are public fountains you can refill , the city water is very safe to drink. What were you planning to do here>?

Will do the TranzAlpine , Wau-O-Tapu/Whakarewarewa, Rangitoto, Zealandia, Kauri forest, do some wine and city tour in Napier, cruise in Queen Charlotte sound, Dunedin and Otago tour, Fiordland etc.. as well as do some exploring if time allows, among other things....

Edited by roquejo