Carnival Conquest ceiling height?

NoDayButToday

This is a weird question, I know, and something I never even considered until we sailed on the Pride and my 6'2" husband was nearly too tall for the ship. His hair was grazing some of the light fixtures.

We are planning a family cruise on the Conquest for next year, and my brother in law is right around 7 feet tall. Does anyone know how I could find out the average ceiling clearance on the ship? I would feel terrible if they spent all that money and he had to walk around hunched over all week.

The cabin ceilings are lower than hallways and public areas....I think they're around 7-7 1/2 feet. I hope you mean he was grazing the fixtures IN THE CABIN!!! 6'2" is about standard man height!

Edited by cb at sea

I'm 6' 7" and have hit my head.

I have never hit my head in a cabin, but there is a small step up going into the bathroom. It is a tight fit though.

In the hallways, towards the back of the ship, there is a small step up. It makes the exit signs and light fixtures at head level. It is not in all of the hallways. Around the Atrium, there are decorations that hang lower.

In the dining rooms, there are places where the ceiling is a problem too. Around the poles where they have the decorations and if you use the steps in the back of the room.

The elevators also have lower ceilings around the sides.

Thanks, I did call Carnival and get the information they had on ceiling height, and at least the lady on the phone had a good laugh because she said she'd never even considered it could be a problem for some people....

So, he'll fit in the cabin....barely. The cabins have a 7 ft ceiling, he will have to duck to get in the door though since that is 6'8" clearance (but he has to do that in some doorways at home too), and looks like he will just have to be aware in other parts of the ship, but should be mostly OK.

My DH is happy that he probably won't have to duck as much on the ship, so at least we pleased one of the guys, lol

This is a weird question, I know, and something I never even considered until we sailed on the Pride and my 6'2" husband was nearly too tall for the ship. His hair was grazing some of the light fixtures.

We are planning a family cruise on the Conquest for next year, and my brother in law is right around 7 feet tall. Does anyone know how I could find out the average ceiling clearance on the ship? I would feel terrible if they spent all that money and he had to walk around hunched over all week.

Why would you feel terrible? If he is 7 feet tall, by now he should be used to the fact that sometimes, he might have to duck. Tall or short people learn to live with their height or lack of height, and has nothing to do with you.

I'm 6'2" and never had an issue on any ship.