Newbie for P&O

windsor26

I will also try on the Oz ans NZ site as more people read that one

What drinks (booze or soda) can we take on board

How can you get the dining you want I asked my TA and she said there is only one sitting???? I cannot think that is true we like 2nd sitting large table

Can we go straight to our cabins when we board or is it like RCI and you have to wait until 1pm or later?

Thanks

No booze, wine or water to be brought on board however, you can bring a 12 pack of soda in cans.

It is anytime dining, so book a time asap when you get on board if that is what you wish, otherwise you can just rock up when you wish and perhaps get a buzzer if it is busy. You can then book for the next night when you arrive or leave each evening.

You should be able to go straight to your cabin and if by chance they are not ready, just return later or see the steward.

No booze, wine or water to be brought on board however, you can bring a 12 pack of soda in cans.

It is anytime dining, so book a time asap when you get on board if that is what you wish, otherwise you can just rock up when you wish and perhaps get a buzzer if it is busy. You can then book for the next night when you arrive or leave each evening.

You should be able to go straight to your cabin and if by chance they are not ready, just return later or see the steward.

Thank you I knew I would get an answer on CC:D

• 2 weeks later...

Tried booking a suite on Aria and the booking is going through OK but there is no option to choose a specific cabin by number. This is for Feb 2017 - so I can't imagine that it would be a guarantee only.

I tried calling P&O Australia but hung up after a 15 minute hold as I live in US.

Any insight into why I can't choose a specific cabin during the booking process? Is this normal?

TIA

Tried booking a suite on Aria and the booking is going through OK but there is no option to choose a specific cabin by number. This is for Feb 2017 - so I can't imagine that it would be a guarantee only.

I tried calling P&O Australia but hung up after a 15 minute hold as I live in US.

Any insight into why I can't choose a specific cabin during the booking process? Is this normal?

TIA

I had the same problem. I did it by telephone to P&O. There was a wait so I used the land line which gives me untimed calls for 13 numbers. It was worth it to get the one suite with a walk in shower for my aunt. Very helpful and they also sorted out my previous passenger statues to get us OBC.

I had the same problem. I did it by telephone to P&O. There was a wait so I used the land line which gives me untimed calls for 13 numbers. It was worth it to get the one suite with a walk in shower for my aunt. Very helpful and they also sorted out my previous passenger statues to get us OBC.

Thank you for the info.

Land line is of no help to me as I am calling from US (not a free call) :(

Which is the one suite with a walk in shower? Is it a handicap cabin?

Also, what prior status counts for OBC? Is it only P&O or Princess as well?

TIA.

Thank you for the info.

Land line is of no help to me as I am calling from US (not a free call) :(

Which is the one suite with a walk in shower? Is it a handicap cabin?

Also, what prior status counts for OBC? Is it only P&O or Princess as well?

TIA.

The suite is 10058. In place of the shower over bath set up which is standard in many staterooms on Aria (Ryndam that was), 10058 has no bath but a walk in shower with a shelf seat (I think) which is much better for my aunt . The other suites have spa baths with overhead showers. 10058 is classed as a modified accessible cabin. The only change is in the bathroom set up. It IS close to the aft lift well.

Princess cruises do not count towards P&O Australia credits. MY OBC was based on a P&O Australia cruise about six years ago.

The suite is 10058. In place of the shower over bath set up which is standard in many staterooms on Aria (Ryndam that was), 10058 has no bath but a walk in shower with a shelf seat (I think) which is much better for my aunt . The other suites have spa baths with overhead showers. 10058 is classed as a modified accessible cabin. The only change is in the bathroom set up. It IS close to the aft lift well.

Princess cruises do not count towards P&O Australia credits. MY OBC was based on a P&O Australia cruise about six years ago.

Thank you for that info.

But contraversally the P&O cruise days will count to your Princess days (but not cruises)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
But contraversally the P&O cruise days will count to your Princess days (but not cruises)

Could I please ask you to clarify this ? The reason I ask is that I have princess credits and am currently booked on to very short P&O Australia cruises. When I login to my cruise history on Princess it shows the upcoming cruises on P&O as one cruise credit each. Given that princess recognises both per cruise credit and numbers of nights to go up to levels, I would have thought that what you're saying is wrong but I may have misunderstood. To be honest I really hope you are wrong because the only reason we're going on this short cruise is so that we will go platinum later in the year for a b2b on Princess

Could I please ask you to clarify this ? The reason I ask is that I have princess credits and am currently booked on to very short P&O Australia cruises. When I login to my cruise history on Princess it shows the upcoming cruises on P&O as one cruise credit each. Given that princess recognises both per cruise credit and numbers of nights to go up to levels, I would have thought that what you're saying is wrong but I may have misunderstood. To be honest I really hope you are wrong because the only reason we're going on this short cruise is so that we will go platinum later in the year for a b2b on Princess

I am glad to be wrong I did not think that the cruise numbers were transferred over but have checked and see they now are.

This is great news as we are getting close to the second loyalty level for cruise credit numbers taken whne we get to 32 and will then get $50 obc earlier I am pleased.:D:D:D