Grocery stores in Bermuda

SnowshoeCat

Often when I travel, I like to save time (and money) and grab a quick lunch at a grocery store, rather than a restaurant.

What kind of stores should I look for in Bermuda? Do they have big stores, little stores, convenience stores, British ones, American ones? In the UK I can just drop into a Boots and get a sandwich and snack. Obviously I'm not looking for anything fancy, but maybe something uniquely Bermudian?

Excellent, thank you! Interesting that there are only locally owned stores. That just adds to the experience. Since we're arriving the same day as the food (Monday), it will be interesting to see what's left on the shelves from the weekend.

We're not quite a third world country here - there will be as much food on the shelves on Monday as there will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and the rest.

If you see any of our local carrots, buy a bunch and eat them raw as a snack - you'll never taste a sweeter carrot anywhere in the world, I sorely miss them when I'm travelling.

We're not quite a third world country here - there will be as much food on the shelves on Monday as there will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and the rest.

If you see any of our local carrots, buy a bunch and eat them raw as a snack - you'll never taste a sweeter carrot anywhere in the world, I sorely miss them when I'm travelling.

Oh I know! The article linked above mentioned that supplies are often ordered on Friday, and arrive on Monday. That's what I was alluding too, half in jest.

I love carrots. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by SnowshoeCat

• 3 weeks later...

I went there one year, and forgot a bag with some of my clothing essentials. I asked a native, (and very gracious) Bermudian for information on where I could get these things locally. He pointed out a discount store where I got everything I needed. I just adore the locals.:)

The closest store to Dockyard is the marketPlace in Somerset, but the biggest store with the most selection, is the marketPlace in Hamilton (on Church Street). Miles has a wonderful selection of different quality products.

Just be prepared for sticker shop. A loaf of bread or half gallon of milk with cost you north of $4.

• 1 month later...
The closest store to Dockyard is the marketPlace in Somerset, but the biggest store with the most selection, is the marketPlace in Hamilton (on Church Street). Miles has a wonderful selection of different quality products.

Just be prepared for sticker shop. A loaf of bread or half gallon of milk with cost you north of $4.

Hi. I will be renting a full day pontoon boat from Somerset Watersports in August and need to get our group of 6 food (including lunch/snacks) and drinks for the 8 hours.

We are docking at the Dockyard. Where can I ask the taxi driver to stop prior to us arriving at Somerset. Thanks SO much! I greatly appreciate it!

LOL, I think Connecticut models their pricing structure to Bermuda's!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what I should expect to pay for a case of Barritt's Ginger Beer and maybe a 12 pack of water for our 3 days on island?

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Anyone know what I should expect to pay for a case of Barritt's Ginger Beer and maybe a 12 pack of water for our 3 days on island?

Always ;-)

Hunzi

A six pack of 12oz cans of Goslings ginger beer (much better than Barritts IMO) is $7.20, unless it's on special. You might get Barritts on special for as low as $4 ish, generally it's more like $6.

I've no idea about water, I wouldn't dream of paying money for water, I drink what comes out of the tap - including on cruise ships, I have a refillable water bottle.