Private Tour Guides

Keith1010

We have been to Australia and New Zealand several times in the past including the ports below but are looking for private guide recommendations.

Tauranga, New Zealand

Adelaide, Australia

Perth, Australia

I would appreciate some recommendations.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

We have been to Australia and New Zealand several times in the past including the ports below but are looking for private guide recommendations. Tauranga, New Zealand. Adelaide, Australia. Perth, Australia. I would appreciate some recommendations. Keith

For our good friend, the super traveler, Keith, I can offer a suggestion for Tauranga/New Zealand. We were there in the past few weeks and used very successfully Grumpy's Transfers & Tours. They were very responsive in making things fit and be "personal" for our needs. They are based in nearby Rotorua. Most ships dock at Salisbury Wharf in the town of Mount Maunganui, near Tauranga.

Much depends on what you want to do, see, accomplish. For our group of seven couples, they took us to Rotorua where we did the Maori Te Pula native area with its thermal parks, etc. Rotorua is the general "star" for this area/region and there are other nearby options, including doing a fast and exciting JetBoat. What is of most interest for you in this area?

Their contact info and website are:

grumpy@grumpyslimo.co.nz

http://www.grumpyslimo.co.nz

They generally do groups of 8-20 people, but they can do smaller, if that is your need and interest.

On page 14 of my live/blog connected below, starting with post #265 are a number of different posts with lots of MY pictures for these wonderful options in and around Rotorua. Below are two quick visual samples that I captured and am sharing for you and others.

On Adelaide, we were there in January, too. BUT, we then went nearby and did two days on super wonderful Kangaroo Island. Totally amazing location with such spectacular animals and natural wonders to see and enjoy. BUT, you time might be too limited to do that location with only one port day. What are you seeking in and around Adelaide?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at over 40,798 views for this fun posting.

At Te Pula, this Maori performance starts its ceremonies outside and then we entered the Wahiao Meeting House. Fortunately (with some skill), I was in a prime front row seat to be able to get great pictures, video, etc. Plus, experience the quality for how these members share these cultural traditions.:

RotMaoriOneA2_zps3517f252.jpg

Here is one of the views from the dramatic geyser, water and bubbling rocks/mud as featured at the Te Puia thermal displays. Very interesting and tied to the activities of New Zealand. It is called the "Shakey Isle" because there is lots of steam, hot rocks and superheated water right under the surface of these lands. The biggest at Te Puia is Pohutu Geyser. Pohutu means "Big Splash"!! It erupts 10-25 times a day and shoot up to 98 feet in height.:

RotMaoriOneA10_zpseca370f7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We have been to Australia and New Zealand several times in the past including the ports below but are looking for private guide recommendations.

Tauranga, New Zealand

Adelaide, Australia

Perth, Australia

I would appreciate some recommendations.

Keith

We used Custom Day Tour NZ as our tour guide in Tauranga. Terry was phenomenal- personable, well informed, fun to be with. He came highly recommended and we can see why. You can reach him at

Terry and Carolyn Kelliher [terrycarolynkelliher@hotmail.com].

They respond very promptly and are very easy to deal with.

Hope this helps you.

Bobbysgirl

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Archer, a native Maori is excellent. He will plan the tour around what you want to see and also gives you the Maori history. We had two different tours with him as we were in Taurangua twice as we did a B2B cruise and we called in at the port twice.