Snorkeling from shore

Speedy55

We are going on a cruise that stops in St Lucia in March. Can someone please help narrow our options down for getting a cab to the beach and back? It is my husband, myself and 2 teen daughters. We would like a place that has chair rental, restrooms and a place to buy refreshments. We don't drink alcohol so that's not an issue. Most importantly is the snorkeling and ease of getting a cab to the beach.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on a cruise that stops in St Lucia in March. Can someone please help narrow our options down for getting a cab to the beach and back? It is my husband, myself and 2 teen daughters. We would like a place that has chair rental, restrooms and a place to buy refreshments. We don't drink alcohol so that's not an issue. Most importantly is the snorkeling and ease of getting a cab to the beach.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are a few places north of where your cruise ship is berthed which is a short 30 minutes drive. Reduit beach in Rodney Bay and Pigeon Island National Landmark. Reduit has no snorkeling but you can rent chairs and there is the Splash waterpark where your daughters can have some fun. Taxi price should cost $30.00 one way. Pigeon island has entrance fee($7.00 per person to include chairs), a bit of snorkeling, hiking, snuba, jet skis etc. Restaurant Jambe de Bois is located there and on the outside of the park are local vendors for more options. Taxi should cost the same or just a few dollars more as it is further north. Closest to the port is Vigie beach which doesn't have umbrellas or chairs to rent but enough natural shade. there are quite a few local vendors who sell reasonable food and drink. No snorkeling

If you don't mind you can take a 45 minutes to 1 hour drive to Anse Cochon(Ti Kaye Resorts) a Marine park where snorkeling is plenty. Though umbrellas and chairs are rented in regards to the hotel occupancy. There is a restaurant on the beach. This is the closest snorkel site if you are driving. They do offer a day pass too.

Edited by Dragon2109

I highly suggest booking with Spencer Ambrose. It's by boat and you head to a beach between the volcano pitons and the snorkeling right from the beach is AMAZING!!! Like seriously.

Check out my review located HERE. It has A LOT of pictures so you'll see what I'm talking about.

• 2 months later...

Take cab to pigeon island, you can snorkel from shore, we've done it a few times. Bring your own snorkel gear, we've had ours for 20 years. Bring a pool noodle to help you float.

You will snorkel from same spot without paying excursion prices.

Pigeon island has a resteraunt and park, old time bar in another building, explore it, also hiking trail.

You can research it online, other side of road is real Atlantic Ocean with huge waves, cool place!