Homewood Suites Cape Canaveral question....

rene194215

I am staying here before my cruise and was wanting to get some information about the local scene. Are there bars or restaurants around? Or shopping? Package stores so I can get my wine for the cruise? I called the hotel and looked at the website but I though maybe someone that has stayed there would have a better insight from staying there. I am going solo so if things are farther then walking distance I would just Uber it. Thanks so much in advance!!!!

I am staying here before my cruise and was wanting to get some information about the local scene. Are there bars or restaurants around? Or shopping? Package stores so I can get my wine for the cruise? I called the hotel and looked at the website but I though maybe someone that has stayed there would have a better insight from staying there. I am going solo so if things are farther then walking distance I would just Uber it. Thanks so much in advance!!!!

If it is the one I'm thinking off. You'll be a good distance from anything .

A car or using a taxi will be best mode. How are you getting to the hotel ?

new Homewood suites is across the road from the Residence Inn, Radisson at the Port, and the Country Inn and Suites. All comments about proximity of these places to what you want applies.

You are about 1/2 mile from 'the Cove' but walking after dark is not recommended. A large grocery and ABC liq store are about a mile down A1A. There is a local (mom and pop) liq store that delivers (but not huge wine selection)

portcanav.jpg

HS is directly across from Residence Inn

Edited by Capt_BJ

If it is the one I'm thinking off. You'll be a good distance from anything .

A car or using a taxi will be best mode. How are you getting to the hotel ?

I am flying into MCO and taking a limo sedan to the hotel. I am wondering if the driver would stop at a package store for me so I can get my wine. But I do have to figure out dinner and all that,

new Homewood suites is across the road from the Residence Inn, Radisson at the Port, and the Country Inn and Suites. All comments about proximity of these places to what you want applies.

You are about 1/2 mile from 'the Cove' but walking after dark is not recommended. A large grocery and ABC liq store are about a mile down A1A. There is a local (mom and pop) liq store that delivers (but not huge wine selection)

portcanav.jpg

HS is directly across from Residence Inn

Thanks! I am going to ask the driver to see if they can stop at a package store for me, Then I will probably take an Uber to the Cove area.

I am flying into MCO and taking a limo sedan to the hotel. I am wondering if the driver would stop at a package store for me so I can get my wine. But I do have to figure out dinner and all that,

There isn't much between MCO and the hotel. The interstate almost runs thru the airport. There will be store of some kind near the hotel. The best is ask the driver . He'll know , there might be an extra charge and a good tip.