Inside cabin deck 6 or 7 on Dream

Looking for recomendations for an inside twin cabin on deck 6 or 7.

Last year we were in an outside on deck 6 6188 a lovely quiet cabin too. Tempted to book that one again but without paying the upgrade looking for recomendations.

Looking for recomendations for an inside twin cabin on deck 6 or 7.

Last year we were in an outside on deck 6 6188 a lovely quiet cabin too. Tempted to book that one again but without paying the upgrade looking for recomendations.

Generally speaking nothing aft of 6136 or 7120 although your 6188 is aft of there and i would have thought it would be prone to propellor vibration.

how about 6110 or 7094 which are both as near the centre of the ship as you can get and are in the 'new' stretched section.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i think i have my answer really but just want to check r i'll only worry ! :rolleyes:

We ave booked cabin 7086 for next Jan/Feb on the Dream,( inside )

Never been on Dream before, ( never had an inside cabin before either ..)studied deck plans , looks a good one, not near any "big white spaces" not under Medusa , near stairs and lifts but not right next to lifts.....

Are we in the new stretched bit ?? Dave mentioned that to someone and just wondered if so what diff does it make? :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!

Vic

I was wondering the same about the stretch :confused:. This is news to me. What does it mean?

Port or starboard? Does it make any difference?

Those who have been on the Dream, is there any white space on deck 8 that should be factored into choosing a deck 7 cabin?

Where is the disco? Certainly wouldn't want to be near that :eek:

I was wondering the same about the stretch :confused:. This is news to me. What does it mean?

Port or starboard? Does it make any difference?

Those who have been on the Dream, is there any white space on deck 8 that should be factored into choosing a deck 7 cabin?

Where is the disco? Certainly wouldn't want to be near that :eek:

Hi Little Nell,

Dream underwent a 'cut and stretch' - it was in 1989/90 according to this Wikipaedia account whilst still a HAL ship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Thomson_Dream

If you click through and look carefully at the pictures from the AIS gallery in the link below, you will see on some of them evidence of the stretch. # 4, 6, 9 (still under Costa livery) and 12 are quite good ones to look at. The Promenade Deck is 9, below that on Deck 8 you can see some larger windows associated with the Medusa Lounge, Argo lounge and other public areas most of which are concentrated on Deck 8.

But in the central section of Decks 7, 6, and 5 are 14 cabin windows which are larger than those to their left and right. This is the added section (of course it was stretched on all decks it's just that on these particular ones the windows are the give-away as they are a different size). When you stand back from the ship and look at it they are quite obvious when you know what to look for.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=248481000#top_photo

Now if you look at the deck plan these correspond to 14 cabins from 7081 - 7129 on the starboard side and equivalent on the port side which are doubles (3 berth either side of this group).

As far as I know there is no problem associated with this area at all. Above are public but mostly quiet areas - the Argo Lounge on the port side and card room over some of the cabins on the starboard. The Ocean Bar is above quite a number on the starboard side though - they have a trio in there but I'm not sure how late they function but might be worth avoiding. The Water's Edge is the night club - stern on Deck 8 starboard so may cause problems for cabin underneath that area.

Hope that helps! ;)

Hi everyone, i think i have my answer really but just want to check r i'll only worry ! :rolleyes:

We ave booked cabin 7086 for next Jan/Feb on the Dream,( inside )

Never been on Dream before, ( never had an inside cabin before either ..)studied deck plans , looks a good one, not near any "big white spaces" not under Medusa , near stairs and lifts but not right next to lifts.....

Are we in the new stretched bit ?? Dave mentioned that to someone and just wondered if so what diff does it make? :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!

Vic

Yes I reckon it is in the stretched bit - but doesn't make any difference as far as I know. (See reply to Little Nells post.) We've been in the stretched bit on decks 5 and 6 (sorry don't know specific cabin numbers) but had no problems.

That looks like a good choice I should think - as long as that isn't a housekeeping room next to the cabin. If so you might just be woken earlyish (7.30?) otherwise I wouldn't expect you to have noise problems there. (Only an opinion though - no first hand experience! :rolleyes:)

Hi Little Nell,

Dream underwent a 'cut and stretch' - it was in 1989/90 according to this Wikipaedia account whilst still a HAL ship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Thomson_Dream

If you click through and look carefully at the pictures from the AIS gallery in the link below, you will see on some of them evidence of the stretch. # 4, 6, 9 (still under Costa livery) and 12 are quite good ones to look at. The Promenade Deck is 9, below that on Deck 8 you can see some larger windows associated with the Medusa Lounge, Argo lounge and other public areas most of which are concentrated on Deck 8.

But in the central section of Decks 7, 6, and 5 are 14 cabin windows which are larger than those to their left and right. This is the added section (of course it was stretched on all decks it's just that on these particular ones the windows are the give-away as they are a different size). When you stand back from the ship and look at it they are quite obvious when you know what to look for.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=248481000#top_photo

Now if you look at the deck plan these correspond to 14 cabins from 7081 - 7129 on the starboard side and equivalent on the port side which are doubles (3 berth either side of this group).

As far as I know there is no problem associated with this area at all. Above are public but mostly quiet areas - the Argo Lounge on the port side and card room over some of the cabins on the starboard. The Ocean Bar is above quite a number on the starboard side though - they have a trio in there but I'm not sure how late they function but might be worth avoiding. The Water's Edge is the night club - stern on Deck 8 starboard so may cause problems for cabin underneath that area.

Hope that helps! ;)

Kruzseeka, you are a marvel ;)

Problem is I have spent so much time reading the links that it is now quite late :eek:

This is the area of the ship I was looking at as I would prefer a double cabin to a cabin for 3 or 4.

Thanks so much for that :)

<<That looks like a good choice I should think - as long as that isn't a housekeeping room next to the cabin. If so you might just be woken earlyish (7.30?) otherwise I wouldn't expect you to have noise problems there. (Only an opinion though - no first hand experience!>>

We were given a cabin next to a House Keeping room when we requested a quiet room last year - Hubby has poor health and needs to rest each afternoon and go to bed early at night.

We had no noise whatsoever from the House Keeping room even though it was in use from early morning to late at night.

Ah thanks Kruz, you are a marvel! :cool:

Doesnt matter what i ask, cabins, itineraries ( and ive asked about three or four different ones..) you always come up trumps!!! :D

Pleased we are in the stretched bit, things may be a tiny bit newer lol by 20 odd years or more ( cant rem what dates you put) but looks a good postion, really central and handy for lift and stairs, all good :)

Big thanks again :D:):D

Archived