Car rental

barrelracer89

What is the best company to rent a car from in Miami that has a shuttle to the port once you drop the car off?? We are flying in the day before our cruise in December and the hotel we are staying at only has a shuttle to the POM at 1 pm and that is was to late for me to get there

Thank you in advance for all the answers

We use National(also sister company to Alamo). Recently Miami completed a central rental car location and if my memory is correct you catch a tram from airport right to the Miami Rental Car Center. I find it helps to be a member and get rental set up ahead of time, to not have to go to counter at RCC.

I am including a link to the Miami RCC page.

http://www.miami-airport.com/car_rental.asp

Forgot to mention - the rental center has large shuttle buses that will take you to cruise pier for free.they did check for rental agreements so don't just plan on taking tram to RCC and catching a bus to the pier.

The other thing is just take a taxi to pier if you want to leave from hotel.

Edited by Buffettfan 225

As mentioned above, National, Alamo & Thrifty (and maybe others) offer a free shuttle from MIA to POM - meaning you do not get to "enjoy" driving in downtown Miami traffic. ;)

Hertz in downtown also offer a shuttle to POM but is often overwhelmed with cruise passengers. I've seen mixed reports about Avis/Budget in downtown - if they do not offer a free shuttle a taxi will only be about $12.

Good luck! :)

Friends of mine drove from Palm Beach to Miami on Saturday in a rental from Budget because they said they had a drop off right at the cruise terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is true. Using Budget next Saturday picking up from PBI dropping off by port for two days grand total with tax $41 for full sized car.

Got an Alamo rental for the following weeks for two days, they shuttle to MIA.