Can 21yr old buy Cheers in Cabin with 20yr old??

SportyGirl11

We currently had to book 1 adult with DD (21) and 1 adult with DD (20)

once onboard we will be switching cabins so the girls and my husband & I are in the same cabin.

My question is DD (21) wants to buy the Cheer's package will she be able to do this without either adult buying the package?

My husband & I are just going to pay as we go and our DD (20) is underage.

Thanks

becouse you and your husban are not on the same booking number.

it's just the opposite for our family.

1 adult 1 child under 21 in each cabin. Only I have to buy cheers, My Dw does not even thought she will be in my cabin for the cruise

We currently had to book 1 adult with DD (21) and 1 adult with DD (20)

once onboard we will be switching cabins so the girls and my husband & I are in the same cabin.

My question is DD (21) wants to buy the Cheer's package will she be able to do this without either adult buying the package?

My husband & I are just going to pay as we go and our DD (20) is underage.

Thanks

You should be able to book them in the same room and link the cabins. Minors can be in their own room as long as they are traveling with their parents. Since your youngest is 20, she doesn't even have to be in the cabin next to you. Just call Carnival or your travel agent and they should be able to get it fixed for you. Then you will have no problem and you won't have to change anything on board.

Only every adult over 21 in a single cabin has to buy it. The problem is that although you will be physically switching cabins around, technically your 21 yr. old will be in the same cabin as you. It goes by the booking.

Switch cabins first and then have yor 21 yr old buy it. We did it last year.

She can't switch cabins first because Carnival's rules state that there has to be at least one person over 25 yrs old in a cabin.

Sorry, it looks like your going to be stuck with either buying 2 CHEERS packages or none at all. :( I run into this every time as well. I would consider buying the package for myself, but my adult son does not drink so there's no why I would possibly buy it for him as well.I do understand why they have this rule. Drink sharing goes on enough as it is, but imagine how easy it would be for people in the same cabin.

Such a bummer. :(

You should be able to book them in the same room and link the cabins. Minors can be in their own room as long as they are traveling with their parents. Since your youngest is 20' date=' she doesn't even have to be in the cabin next to you. Just call Carnival or your travel agent and they should be able to get it fixed for you. Then you will have no problem and you won't have to change anything on board.[/quote']

This is correct. Do it now and save the hassle on embarkation day.

From Carnivals FAQ: Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

- The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

- The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

- Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

- Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

OP two daughters can be booked anywhere on the ship.

She can't switch cabins first because Carnival's rules state that there has to be at least one person over 25 yrs old in a cabin.

:(

Sorry Bluemoon this isn't correct. Every trip with our 2 youngest girls starting when the "baby" was 13 and the middle child was 17 we have been able to book them anywhere on the ship. We choose to keep them close but not because Carnival says we have too.

From Carnivals FAQ: Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

- The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

- The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

- Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

- Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

OP two daughters can be booked anywhere on the ship.

Good to know, thanks. I stand corrected, sorry. Apparently a friend of mine was given incorrect info from someone at Carnival (Certainly wouldn't be the 1st time, LOL).

This being the case, absolutely the easiest way around this is to book the daughters into one cabin, & the parents into another one.

Good to know, thanks. I stand corrected, sorry. Apparently a friend of mine was given incorrect info from someone at Carnival (Certainly wouldn't be the 1st time, LOL).

This being the case, absolutely the easiest way around this is to book the daughters into one cabin, & the parents into another one.

You weren't that far off. If traveling alone, anyone under 21 must have a 25 yo in the cabin. Since they are traveling with their parents, it doesn't matter.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Only every adult over 21 in a single cabin has to buy it. The problem is that although you will be physically switching cabins around, technically your 21 yr. old will be in the same cabin as you. It goes by the booking.

Sorry, it looks like your going to be stuck with either buying 2 CHEERS packages or none at all. :( I run into this every time as well. I would consider buying the package for myself, but my adult son does not drink so there's no why I would possibly buy it for him as well.I do understand why they have this rule. Drink sharing goes on enough as it is, but imagine how easy it would be for people in the same cabin.

Such a bummer. :(

How, exactly, does Cheers have anything to do with making drink sharing easier with someone you're booked in a cabin with?

How, exactly, does Cheers have anything to do with making drink sharing easier with someone you're booked in a cabin with?

I hope I am understanding your question correctly. There are many people who would share their packages with another person in the cabin if the rules of all over 21 having to purchase the package. For example, many husbands drink more than their wives, so if able to, they would give some of the 15 drinks to their wives and the rest for themselves.

Carnival is smart doing so because they know most people won't drink 15 drinks a day, but if allowed to share the package, most would end up drinking the entire 15 day between those in the cabin. If you think people don't try to share, just look for the threads on how people buy one drink in bar A and then go to bar B to get one for their spouse, friend or whomever. People cheat all the time and when it comes to booze, it seems more prevalent.