ride the Duck Seattle

luv2gamble

No, but we've seen it drive by several times.

There is one driver who really engages the crowd. Think good 'Piano Bar' on wheels and that's what I remember. :)

We did do the Underground Tour. That was fun.

Edited by SadieN

Anyone doing the ride the Ducks? I was going to do it in Ketchikan $44 pp...In Seattle is $28 and they have coupons LOL....read about it and its supposed 2b really good and even better than the one in Ketchikan....

We rode it last year. All of the drivers try to outdo each other to make it fun and noisy. It is great that you have coupons.

You should call and purchase tickets ahead of time. We went and there was 1 1/2 hour wait.

Edited by pizzalady1

I highly recommend the Underground Tour as well. It is very entertaining and you will learn about some of the less publicized and more colorful history of this town (alcoholic founders, "seamstresses" who did not sew very much, and backwards running sewers, among other tidbits).

Edited by zephyr17

The Underground Tour is located at Pioneer Square on southern side of downtown at 1st Ave and Yesler at Doc Maynard's.

The Underground Tour is so named because the street level of Pioneer Square was raised, leaving the original storefronts below ground. The Pioneer Square district is the site of the original downtown, which had burned to the ground. When they rebuilt it after the fire, they knew the "regrade" was going to happen and built the buildings with that in mind. The sidewalks of the original street level remained after the regrade and it was kind of the original indoor mall for awhile. It was gradually abandoned and partly filled in. The Underground Tour is basically a tour of that, with a lot of colorful anecdotes. Lots of stairs, though. The "underground" is no longer contiguous and you have to go up and down to visit the various sections.

I consider it a real must and whenever someone visits, that is always on my recommended list.

Edited by zephyr17

• 2 weeks later...

I've done both Seattle & Ketchikan and strongly recommend choosing Seattle. It's a blast & the town is large enough to provide a tour worth the fee. The Ketchikan tour on the other hand never went more than 1/2 mile from the starting point. It's just too small a town.

Anyone doing the ride the Ducks? I was going to do it in Ketchikan $44 pp...In Seattle is $28 and they have coupons LOL....read about it and its supposed 2b really good and even better than the one in Ketchikan....

Where did you find the coupons? Been looking for some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you find the coupons? Been looking for some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its in the Super Saver booklet in all hotels in Seattle...or, sometimes on the duck facebook the put out coupons...but for sure in the super saver..just grab one when u ck in to hotel :)

We rode it last year. All of the drivers try to outdo each other to make it fun and noisy. It is great that you have coupons.

You should call and purchase tickets ahead of time. We went and there was 1 1/2 hour wait.

Thanks for the advise...I booked it like you said..ty....also, I see you are sailing on the Dawn next year. GREAT! The Dawn is my fav ship...you will love her:D

definitely reserve ahead of time. We called for our group of 9 on Sunday March 23 and had to wait a few hours! Granted there will be more boats in operation during the summer, but I was quite surprised we couldn't just walk on.

We had guests from England and our group ranged from 7-75. Everyone had a blast!

Edited by mapleleaves