8:30AM Snorkling w/Woodwind. How see flamingos in afternoon?

Courtney892

We are taking a family cruise. For about 1/2 of us snorkeling on Bonaire is a priority. With some overlap, the other priority is going to see the flamingos.

I am hoping we can arrange for both. Our 4 hour Woodwind tour is 8:30-12:30 and I am hoping that I can arrange to either see the flamingos DIY or on a sightseeing tour.

I have checked the excursions offered through RCCL and also through our travel agent, but they both offer morning tours. I do have an email in to Bonairevistatours.

Any other suggestions for how I can make this happen? Thanks so much in advance!

• 4 months later...

We have not yet taken our cruise. We leave in just a couple weeks.

We have booked both tours (snorkling through Woodwind and sightseeing through Bonairevistatours). I spoke with both tour operators, and they are able to accomodate the slight time adjustment for us to do both of them. Will post here on how it goes.

We were just in Bonaire, and did the Woodwinds tour. Dee is outstanding as your main tour guide, as are both of the guides that are with you, in the water.

You will be back at the dock at promptly 12:30, and you will have the afternoon to do what you please. I would strongly suggest that you use one of the taxi/tour operators that are located right outside of the port gate. They are NOT the 'in your face" type of operators, and seem to have a much more laid back attitude. Just visit on of the booths and they will set you up.

One of our tour partners took a $25 PP tour of the island (around 2.5 hours) and saw the Flamingos, and the salt mines. They say it was well worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the morning Woodwind snorkel in May and looking for a nice beach to relax at afterwards. I understand the tour takes off and returns at the Diva Flamingo resort. Did anyone remain there or go somewhere else that is close to the cruise pier?

We are doing the morning Woodwind snorkel in May and looking for a nice beach to relax at afterwards. I understand the tour takes off and returns at the Diva Flamingo resort. Did anyone remain there or go somewhere else that is close to the cruise pier?

Divi does not really have much of a beach as it is primarily a dive resort.

Check out the Plaza Resort, it's just a little bit further (still walkable) and it used to be a fairly inexpensive day for chair rentals, a few drinks, and lunch. You will need water shoes , tho, to get over the rocky floor and swim comfortably,. Shore snorkeling is possible, and quite nice.

This used to be my go to day on Bonaire until I discovered Woodwind.