Pre Cruise Galveston Hotel

msu-jcooper

We are cruising out of Galveston on the Triumph May 2015 for my wedding. Most of the group is staying in hotels, but one side of the family wants to stay together. Does anyone have suggestions on where 10-15 people could stay? I have found a few condos, but none of them will let us rent it out for just one night.

Renting for just one night will probably be next to impossible as that is the beginning of "beach season". Not likely they would rent for one night and lose the opportunity to rent for an entire weekend or more. You may try off the island in places like Texas City. It is close enough to commute if you are going to have vehicles.

Thats what I am worried about. We would need it for a sunday night in mid May when most Texas schools haven't gotten out yet. We really want them on the island because we have to be at the terminal pretty early in the morning to board for the wedding. I recently went to Galveston and the line for the ferry takes three times as long as it used to because of the medical priority boarding. Maybe they can stay closer to Houston so they can take the freeway in.

We are cruising out of Galveston on the Triumph May 2015 for my wedding. Most of the group is staying in hotels, but one side of the family wants to stay together. Does anyone have suggestions on where 10-15 people could stay? I have found a few condos, but none of them will let us rent it out for just one night.

I understand. I think the key word in your OP is highlighted. Like I always told my kids when they were growing up; Just because you want something doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get it. :D

That said...you could consider doing what a cousin has done many times for Mardi Gras in NOLA. Rent a conference room in a hotel and just crash in there. Won't be real comfortable but everyone will be together.

Edited by TC1957

I completely understand that they can't always get what they want. I never thought about a conference room! Ill talk to the family and see. Its a bunch of older out of town people or people with very young kids and it will be all of their first cruise. I told them it would be better to find a cheap hotel and book rooms next to each other, but they asked me to look around.

You may try a resort rental - one of the larger beach houses or an in-town house.

Don't know if they will rent for one night as there is a lot of make ready work for the next guests on a one night rental, but it is worth a try.

The only other option is a lot of hotel rooms at the same place.

You might check the Days Inn. From what I read recently it is fairly new and the prices are pretty good for that time of year. I wasn't sure exactly which Sun. you were needing so I wasn't able to check specifically. However they will allow you to book only one night.

Hope this helps! Have a great wedding and cruise.

The Courtyard (which is a newer hotel in Galveston) has a 2 room/2 Queen suite that basically has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch and sleeps 6. I do know they have connecting rooms at this hotel, so maybe you can get one of these suites connected to another room and it would work?

I'm trying to think of another hotel that would have something similar, but maybe someone else can?

Don't know what price range you are looking at, but do know that the Inn at the Waterpark has a party room that can be used for large groups. They also allow you to leave your car at the hotel during the cruise and have free shuttles to and from the port. Sorry but have never stayed at this hotel, just know info because know of a group that stayed and used the party room. Go to their web site for the best prices.

Also, I don't think you will have a problem booking one night for May 17, 2015 and usually the prices are very good on Sunday night. I would call the hotels directly, most of them aren't open for booking this far out. You should be able to reserve a block of rooms at a good price for a wedding party.