What to do in Sochi?

bohaiboy

SS Wind - So since our itin has changed significantly because of our dear friend Pootin(yes I know it is not spelled correctly, but making a point) our whole itin stinks. Not totally. Anyway, Crimea is out, but Sochi is still in. Question about Sochi and this is an irritation to me, but we are now in Sochi fro 800 AM until 1000 PM. However, one cannot go ashore without a guide or a Russian Visa. So when the last tour ends at 545, the rest of the evening is totally dead as far as getting off the ship.

Otherwise for tours, what would you suggest? We are not in to seeing the Olympic compound.

We did the Botanical Garden - Mountain top (all foggy so) and Stalin's Dacha Tour in June 2011. Pretty long drive and sometimes lots of traffic jams (maybe they improved once all the construction work finished), but probably the "best" one to go on.

Sotchi itself was "forgettable". I would suggest you book a nice massage, have a drink or two and enjoy the dinner instead of venturing out again after the tour has ended. :)