Hong Kong Cathay's First Class "Wing", "Pier" difference & distance?

GeezerCouple

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to walk between Cathay Pacific's "Wing" (first) and their "Pier" (first)?

Which gate number is closest to the actual entrance to the First Class Wing?

Is one of these so much better than the other, that there just isn't anything to be gained by spending time in both?

We have a long layover.

(We may never have the opportunity to experience these facilities again.)

How do the Pier First Day Suites compare to the Wing First Cabanas?

The Cabana seems to have a very inviting bathtub, but it also seems there is space to relax more generally.

Is space in each place sufficient for 2 people?

Any other hints while we are in the Hong Kong airport?

(Nope, unfortunately, we cannot stop and see the city; we are en route home. That would need to be a different trip, to Hong Kong/China more generally.)

We cannot walk particular quickly for any sort of distance.

Do there happen to be any little shuttles that go along the gate hallway?

Thanks.

The Wing is near gates 1-4 in Terminal 1; the Pier is way out at gates 63-64.

There's a train - the Automated People Mover or APM - that runs out from near the Wing to where the pier (hence the name) forms a "Y" that leads to the Pier lounge. I'd estimate the train takes maybe 5-10 minutes counting the escalator time up and down; I think there are also moving sidewalks but don't remember if they extend out to the Pier lounge. Here's a map - https://www.hongkongairport.com/leaflet/map_facilities.pdf

I can't comment on the cabanas as it's been a while and I never use them anyway.

Cathay's lounges are terrific and I don't know that I'd recommend one over the other. I'd probably just pick the one closest to my departure gate and call it good.

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to walk between Cathay Pacific's "Wing" (first) and their "Pier" (first)?

Which gate number is closest to the actual entrance to the First Class Wing?

The Wing is near gates 1-4 in Terminal 1; the Pier is way out at gates 63-64.

There's a train - the Automated People Mover or APM - that runs out from near the Wing to where the pier (hence the name) forms a "Y" that leads to the Pier lounge. I'd estimate the train takes maybe 5-10 minutes counting the escalator time up and down; I think there are also moving sidewalks but don't remember if they extend out to the Pier lounge. Here's a map - https://www.hongkongairport.com/leaflet/map_facilities.pdf

The actual entrance to the first class side of the Wing isn't really near any gate. It's one level up (ie level 7) from the gates (which are on level 6). The fastest way there is to clear south security (ie the end of the terminal nearer the Cathay Pacific check-in area) and then immediately turn left. If your flight departs from gates 1-4, then the best way out of the lounge is to go through into the business class side, go downstairs and then exit from the business class entrance to the lounge. For all other gates, you might as well exit through the first class entrance and then follow the signed route to the relevant gate. (There are some walking shortcuts if you're heading for gates 15-19, but that's probably a complication too far for the one-time visitor to the Wing.)

One thing to note about the transit. It operates in one direction only, from the check-in area to the far end of the terminal. You can't use the transit to get back to the low-numbered gates (because in that direction, the transit operates in the arrivals stream). To get from the Pier back to gate 1 is a 10-20 minute walk, depending on your walking speed.

All other things being equal, the Pier is probably where I'd go. But things are never equal, as the location of my gate is much more important. I wouldn't go to the Pier if my flight was departing from a low-numbered gate.