Enclave

JimmyDon

I'm sure the answer is on here somewhere. Can someone explain how the Enclave works? We are on the Royal 10-day cruise to the Caribbean in November. What is the cost? Where do you sign up? What are the amenities? How does it work and is it worth the cost if there is one?

Thanks.

I have never used the Enclave so don't know the price however searching on the Princess website found a link to info on it but not a price.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Passengers-Can-Enjoy-the-Ultimate-in-Pampering-Aboard-Royal-Princess.html#.VAT3Dep6dpU

The Enclave – The central feature of Princess’ largest-ever thermal suite is the dramatic hydro-therapy pool to help rejuvenate the mind and body with a cascading rain shower and therapeutic air jets in various locations around the pool. Passengers can also choose to relax on heated stone beds or soothing water beds, plus enjoy steam and sauna options using different temperatures, humidity zones, and aroma infusions to offer a sense of rejuvenation. New features include:

The Hammam – A Turkish-style steam bath to enhance well-being, the Hammam’s warm marble slab is a soothing addition to a massage and can be used with clay, mud or salt treatments.

The Caldarium – A feature taken from Roman times, this warm, light steam ceramic chamber offers an infusion of herbal aromas. Walls, floors and seats are heated for a deep penetrating warmth that promotes relaxation.

The Laconium – This warm, dry chamber gradually warms the body to help with purification and detoxification.

Sensory Showers – Passengers can choose from four different experiences: Tropical Rain, Cold Mist, Rain Shower or Siberian Shower, which also include dynamic mood lighting and aromas to enrich the experience

I'm sure the answer is on here somewhere. Can someone explain how the Enclave works? We are on the Royal 10-day cruise to the Caribbean in November. What is the cost? Where do you sign up? What are the amenities? How does it work and is it worth the cost if there is one?

Thanks.

If you book for the entire voyage, I would expect $220 to $225. We were on the 11-day Baltic & Scandinavia itinerary and I believe it was between $21 and $22 per day. If there are open spots on any given day, they may let allow daily use for $40.

If you are interested, go down to the spa, first thing upon arrival on the ship and sign up. When you sign up, they put a sticker on your cruise card. Every time you go to the Enclave, you give them your card and they give you a bracelet which opens the door to the Enclave and also locks and opens lockers in the locker rooms.

The highlight of the Enclave is the huge hydrotherapy pool. There is a steam room, a turkish steam room, and a sauna. There are also eight cool stone beds and two water beds.

Is it worth it? The better question is whether it's worth it to you. To me, the answer is yes. Others might want to invest their onboard spending on the Sanctuary. We had a tough itinerary and enjoyed winding down and relaxing in the Enclave after tours or even after dinner. I used it 9 days on an 11-day cruise (didn't use on overnight in St Petersburg, Russia or in late night in Berlin).