Nachi alternative?

thegima

Greetings!

We've been to Nachi in the past and had a great experience both with the food, and service. We like that it's quiet, great servers, real easy to just relax and enjoy the beach. Unfortunately Nachi is completely booked for the day we'll be there 9-19-14 on FOS. Totally my fault for waiting so long to book, little disappointed but it's not the end of the world.

That said were looking for something comparable to Nachi that is AI and has a nice relaxing area to enjoy the beach and some Mexican cuisine. We have no kids and no real interest to do any water activities. We will likely bring our own masks/snorkel and poke around in whatever beach we end up at but that will be about it.

I've obviously looked at Mr Sanchos, and was hoping to get some opinions from folks who've been to both Nachi and Mr Sanchos regarding the food and ability to relax in peace. I've also looked at Passion Island, and it appears that RCI has dropped them from their list of excursions as I remember seeing it last time we did the western route. It seems to have some mixed reviews where most say it's just "Okay", I can deal with that as long as there is a nice beach with good food/drinks and some level of service.

Just hoping I can find someone that has been to some if not all of these places and can shed some light for me. Nachi has been our "go to" place, first time it's ever been 100% booked on the day we were there. Go figure :D

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

Never crowded, because there is no beach and no water toys, is the Money Bar. Great snorkeling from the shore (you enter the water via steps), good facilities, and wonderful food/drinks/service. No AI, but with the cheaper cab fare and no AI fee you can likely eat and drink enough and have $$ left over.

Besides having more guest, Mr Sanchos is comparable. The service there is outstanding. The AI side has table and umbrella set ups and there is also a nice size pool with a swim up bar. I would make advance reservations since they cut off at 200 guest.

Mr Sanchos was very nice when we were there in December. It wasn't a big party atmosphere like some people tend to make it sound like. There's a full review of the place with tons of pictures located in my signature line if you are interested.

We also felt that Playa Mia was a great relaxing place too and the place is HUGE. The pool was extremely nice and very big (and they had a smaller pool as well closer to the beach). We loved the beach there along with the hammocks. There's also a review from here in my signature line. However, I would check to see how many ships are in port they day you're going to see if it will be crowded. It was wonderful the day we were there and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. I have read that it can get crowded with a lot of ships in port though.