FLL hotels

baseball16

Hello everyone,

I have read all the post. Are there any decent hotels in Lauderdale for a post cruise trip.????????

The Hampton Inn you mention is not available when I need it, of course.

We are looking for May 9, 2008 for one night. Only the expensive hotels seem to have a good review on tripadvisor.

Any help out there??

I am looking to stay at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale January 5, 2008 for a PRE cruise hotel stay. I would love to have a room where we would be able to see the ship coming into port but I am not sure if Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal allows for any hotels to have such ammenities. I know the original post was for a post hotel stay but I figured that I would post my question on this thread. Lastly, I have looked at hotel prices for that Saturday night and I am seeing prices no less than $240 per night. All help is appreciated and thank you for taking the time.:D

That web site only shows a few area hotels, guess they're not getting kickbacks from the many, many other hotels.

For starters try Extended Stay America on SE 17th Street, Hyatt Place is opening in place of Amerisuites off of SE 17th Streeet on December 3rd, Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, Comfort Inn and Suites in Davie, LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood, Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation, Courtyard by Marriott in Dania or on Ft Lauderdale Beach. These should all be well under $200.

Start bidding on Priceline now. Bid only 4* downtown Ft Lauderdale, the only hotel offered in that category is the Renaissance. Bid up to $100 the first time around.

THANKS Bequia for the info. Your very knowledgable and a lot of help

What about Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port

1800 S Federal Hwy

Any idea about this. Its reasonable and had good reviews on Orbitz.

You'd be surprised how quick these book up for cruises especially when someon mentions them on here.

Thanks again

What about Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port

1800 S Federal Hwy

It's not the Hilton but it'll be fine for a night. Still within walking distance of shops and restaurants. It is located on busy Federal Highway though, insist on a room that's not on the highway side. ;)

Go to valuetrips.com. They have Amerisuites for $79.

That Amerisuites officially becomes Hyatt Place on November 21st. Hotel remodeling and rebranding are going on as we speak. With 42" flat screen tv's, free wifi, I'd be really surprised if it stays with valuetrips.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/place/index.jsp?src=google_brand_hp&s_kwcid=hyatt%20place|1817535408

Nice hotel. Request the new section.

Are you referring to the Riverside? If so, we did request a tower room.

Have you stayed here? Any pointers for FLL, the hotel, restaurants?

We typically don't eat in hotel restaurants, they aren't very good. Look nice, but awful food and service.

So anything you can tell me would be good. We are staying 2 days before the cruise and 2 days after.

Nick, only have a minute, will right more later. You can rest assured that the food at the Riverside Hotel is quite good. I'm very fond of their breakfast sitting in the sidewalk cafe watching the world go by...

Bequia: You are a peach for being so helpful on this board! We have a pre and post cruise day booked through RCCL at the Yankee Clipper for November. Will we like it? We paid too much by going through the cruise line but wanted to minimize the hassles of transfers etc.. Do you know if the hotel treats these booking well by giving a room with a view and so forth? or do they put you where ever they have room. We booked quite awhile ago but I have no idea what our room assignment is.

Thanks!

Tom

Bequia: Thanks for the quick reply. What do you think of the Yankee Clipper? How is the beach life in the month of november?

Tom

It's ok for a night, an institution in Ft Lauderdale, reminds me of the hotels in the Catskills. The family that owned it recently sold a controlling interest to Sheraton Corporate. Plans are in the works to raze the hotel and rebuild it as a 5 star resort.

Archived