FLL hotels

baseball16

I posted this question on another thread but since everyone is on this subject I will ask here....

I am sailing on the Liberty (leaving port on December 30th). I booked a room at the Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale (airport/cruise port location). Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

They have complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, cruise terminal and a full hot breakfast buffet included in the room charge ($155). Good choice or should I re-book a different hotel?

I posted this question on another thread but since everyone is on this subject I will ask here....

I am sailing on the Liberty (leaving port on December 30th). I booked a room at the Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale (airport/cruise port location). Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

They have complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, cruise terminal and a full hot breakfast buffet included in the room charge ($155). Good choice or should I re-book a different hotel?

We really liked this hotel...clean, large rooms, great hot breakfast, nice pool area, fun lounge, free computer use outside of lounge. The shuttles were fine also. We've booked again for 2 nights pre-cruise in Nov and 1 nite pre-cruise in Jan.

We really liked this hotel...clean, large rooms, great hot breakfast, nice pool area, fun lounge, free computer use outside of lounge. The shuttles were fine also. We've booked again for 2 nights pre-cruise in Nov and 1 nite pre-cruise in Jan.

Thanks for the info, I was beginning to worry since I got no responses about this hotel....

I'm absolutely impressed with your list of past and current cruises. My guess is you are retired and this is what I can look forward too;)

On the basis of Bequia's advice, we had a good look at The Atlantic, Lago Mar and the Embassy Suites. We've stayed at The Atlantic and Embassy Suites in the past and enjoyed both properties (The Atlantic on Starwood points).

We needed a hotel for one night pre-cruise in early December and in comparing prices, we can get an executive 1BR suite at Lago Mar for less than a night at Embassy Suites!!

Needless to say, we booked Lago Mar and are really looking forward to this brief stay.

Thanks again for the helpful advice Bequia!

Rob

Bequia - I just found out the Home Design and Remodeling Show will be at the convention center the weekend we're in FLL. Does it get crowded in FLL with the show in town (restaurants, hotels, public transportation)?

It pales in comparison to the amount of people the boat show and the air sea show bring ot to Ft Lauderdale. Even when the mega events come into town things run relatively smoothly. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Although Bequia didn't answer my earlier question:( , his recommendation of Lago Mar to somebody else twigged my interest, and I've booked 3 nights post cruise to extend our vacation. Expensive, but it looks great.:cool: Thanks Bequia.

Archived