Owner's Suite on Whisper

Otis

Hello, we are considering this unit for a European cruise. Research suggests it to be, in general, better regarded than the Owner's and Royal suites, particularly for the deck space.

First of all, is that the consensus of those of you who know these suites? Second, it appears to be located under the pool deck. Should I be expecting the scraping of the chairs thing?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is a much better location than the suites in the front of the ship. Yes, there will be early AM noise from chairs being set and breakfast buffet being wheeled up from the galley. Just talk to the appropriate people and ask them to move activity to the other side first! Works for me. Enjoy!

Thanks, duct tape. I am very noise sensitive and feel I might regret selecting this cabin.

Approximately how early does the set up start? Is there noise in the evening (hosing down,

moving chairs, etc.)?

Hello, we are considering this unit for a European cruise. Research suggests it to be, in general, better regarded than the Owner's and Royal suites, particularly for the deck space.

First of all, is that the consensus of those of you who know these suites? Second, it appears to be located under the pool deck. Should I be expecting the scraping of the chairs thing?

Thanks in advance.

........ also consider 801 or equivalents ...... have a look at the bedroom windows for example.

Jeff

It has always amazed me that ship designers put the most expensive accommodations in the worst locations. Owner's suite should be between two decks with cabins above and below. Grand and Royal suites are forward where sitting on the deck is impossible when the ship is moving because of the wind. There must be a better solution.

duct tape,

I wish I could but it seems to be an industry wide problem. ON larger ships they put some of the top accommodations in the aft which is fat better since you have an amazing view of the wake. But on Silversea and Seabourn where all suites are forward and public rooms are aft that isn't possible. But how hard is when there are three decks of suites to put the most expensive ones on the middle deck?

Otis, we stayed in the port side owners suite on the Whisper once, ten years ago. We thought the location was perfect. It is midship, so very stable. The verandah is huge. I don't know about the starboard owners suite, but ours was quiet, don't remember any disturbance at all from the pool deck above. It was South American-Caribbean, and the pool deck was in constant use. And my hearing was actually good at that time. From our experience, I wouldn't worry about noise.

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to comment. The prospect of waking up to the screeching of deck chairs and rolling of carts is too much of a concern to me, so I think we will trade the ideal

location of the Owner's Suite for one of the Grand Suites suggested by UKJeff. We were in a hotel in Brazil under a pool area this summer and industrial strength earplugs were not good enough. I totally agree about how locations of the premium rooms/suites should be more carefully considered, and that apparently goes for hotels, too.