Sofia Loren Suite on Divina

resstation

Last March we stayed in the middle YC2 Family Suite, deck 12, on the Divina and it was perfect for us (My husband, myself and our teen son). I missed having a balcony but the view and the cabin were great. Loved having the two separate closets and two safes. I found and booked an available Sofia Loren Suite in June, but from what I've been reading it is smaller than the YC2 suite, there is only one closet/safe but it does have a balcony (albeit a strange one). Has anyone reading this post seen both suites? I know the Sofia Loren Suite is "special" because it is the only one that she designed but is THAT the draw or am I missing something? I'm looking forward to actually being in the YC area this time instead of deck 12.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Last March we stayed in the middle YC2 Family Suite, deck 12, on the Divina and it was perfect for us (My husband, myself and our teen son). I missed having a balcony but the view and the cabin were great. Loved having the two separate closets and two safes. I found and booked an available Sofia Loren Suite in June, but from what I've been reading it is smaller than the YC2 suite, there is only one closet/safe but it does have a balcony (albeit a strange one). Has anyone reading this post seen both suites? I know the Sofia Loren Suite is "special" because it is the only one that she designed but is THAT the draw or am I missing something? I'm looking forward to actually being in the YC area this time instead of deck 12.

Resstation,,we are staying in 16008 which is the other YC3 Suite this coming week. I have posted a Live review in which I will be posting pics of the stateroom and balcony as well as a lot of info from the Yacht Club itself.

On our sailing this past May, Marco, who would post here from time to time, gave us a tour of the Sophia Loren suite and it was very nice. We have it booked for our January sailing andlucky for you, you were able to secure this suite. It is the first stateroom to go usually.

Resstation,,we are staying in 16008 which is the other YC3 Suite this coming week. I have posted a Live review in which I will be posting pics of the stateroom and balcony as well as a lot of info from the Yacht Club itself.

On our sailing this past May, Marco, who would post here from time to time, gave us a tour of the Sophia Loren suite and it was very nice. We have it booked for our January sailing andlucky for you, you were able to secure this suite. It is the first stateroom to go usually.

Thanks for your reply, I've seen pictures of the YC3 suites and we really enjoyed the YC (I posted that LONG LONG LONG review that seems to be taking its rounds on the forum again lately). I was hoping someone who has cruised in both could give me some insight but I would imagine that combo hasn't happened that often yet.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have a hunch we will go back to a yc2 after that.

The yc2 on the left is the best one because it is the only non-connecting one.

After looking at videos of a yc3, they are indeed smaller but I want to try it for the balcony.

The 2 MAJOR things for me will be....looks like no seperate dressing table area. It looks like that is in the bedroom.

Bathroom looks half the size. Our yc2 had 2 sinks and a totally seperate shower with lots of jets. The yc3 looks like the shower is in the tub.

Also, as an insomniac, I like to watch tv in the middle of the night. The yc2 tv was mounted in front of the bed. This one looks over to the side which is a bit more awkward.

I cannot change my booking without losing my rate & $400.OBC credit we got from the coupon we bought onboard the last cruise.

I know I will love it but will definitly reconsider the yc2 next....although the prices really seem to be going up for these rooms as they are now in such demand.

I have a hunch we will go back to a yc2 after that.

The yc2 on the left is the best one because it is the only non-connecting one.

After looking at videos of a yc3, they are indeed smaller but I want to try it for the balcony.

The 2 MAJOR things for me will be....looks like no seperate dressing table area. It looks like that is in the bedroom.

Bathroom looks half the size. Our yc2 had 2 sinks and a totally seperate shower with lots of jets. The yc3 looks like the shower is in the tub.

Also, as an insomniac, I like to watch tv in the middle of the night. The yc2 tv was mounted in front of the bed. This one looks over to the side which is a bit more awkward.

I cannot change my booking without losing my rate & $400.OBC credit we got from the coupon we bought onboard the last cruise.

I know I will love it but will definitly reconsider the yc2 next....although the prices really seem to be going up for these rooms as they are now in such demand.

Your YC2 was also different from our middle one, so it won't be such a drastic difference for us it seems. The connecting door wasn't an issue at all. Couldn't hear a peep from either side all week. Our dressing table was in the bedroom too. Our tub and shower were also together, not separate and I'm pretty sure we only had one sink. What I will miss is the two closets and safes.

Frankly I'd rather take a square YC balcony on 15 or 16 than go back to 12 again. The butler RARELY came down there, we never got a newspaper and our breakfast room service order was never picked up. Not to mention the constant up and down in the elevator. I'd just rather be closer, in the YC area.

I was given a tour of the YC when we last were on Divina, I did a b2b and they arranged this during turn around time. The Sophia Loren suite was beautiful. Beautifully decorated and some beautiful towels and linens. Layout of the suite was quite nice too. You will enjoy it! Lucky YOU!!

Thank you. It is for my 50th. I know it will be very special. I'm so grateful to be able to do this.

Your YC2 was also different from our middle one, so it won't be such a drastic difference for us it seems. The connecting door wasn't an issue at all. Couldn't hear a peep from either side all week. Our dressing table was in the bedroom too. Our tub and shower were also together, not separate and I'm pretty sure we only had one sink. What I will miss is the two closets and safes.

Frankly I'd rather take a square YC balcony on 15 or 16 than go back to 12 again. The butler RARELY came down there, we never got a newspaper and our breakfast room service order was never picked up. Not to mention the constant up and down in the elevator. I'd just rather be closer, in the YC area.

The middle yc2 cabin is quite a bit smaller than the other 2. I had also read that the yc2 on your right had the connecting door to yours. Supposedly that eliminated another piece of furniture to accomodate the door. That is why we took the one on the left.

Luckily, we have the ability to be open about travel dates. With so few of those rooms, it is the only way to get them. I checked about 6 different weeks to be able to snag the yc3 in March.

I think the YC3 and Sophia Lauren cabins are the same except for the decor.

The middle yc2 cabin is quite a bit smaller than the other 2. I had also read that the yc2 on your right had the connecting door to yours. Supposedly that eliminated another piece of furniture to accomodate the door. That is why we took the one on the left.

Luckily, we have the ability to be open about travel dates. With so few of those rooms, it is the only way to get them. I checked about 6 different weeks to be able to snag the yc3 in March.

You're correct Shippy. We're sailing in 16008 next week and the only difference between the two staterooms is the decor. The Sophia Loren Suite is very difficult to book however, and is usually the first stateroom to go. Luckily we were able to book it for our January 2015 sailing, even if it is only for 3 days.

Whatever piece of furniture was missing we didn't miss. There are only 3 of us and there was plenty of space. We could definitely have used the separate tub and shower because our combo was so poorly designed that they had to stuff towels along the edges between the tub and glass surround to keep the water from pouring out onto the floor (there are pics of this in my review). I think the Sofia Loren Suite has the same set up, unfortunately.

We were in 16008 last year and LOVED it. The three of you could easily stay as the separate living room has it's own pull-out bed (the couch) and the two rooms are separated by a closable door. Unfortunately for you, there is no separate tub/shower combo, but it was perfect for me and my DH. The balcony, IMHO, was incredible!

This year we have 16035.:)

You're correct Shippy. We're sailing in 16008 next week and the only difference between the two staterooms is the decor. The Sophia Loren Suite is very difficult to book however, and is usually the first stateroom to go. Luckily we were able to book it for our January 2015 sailing, even if it is only for 3 days.

Have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

We were in 16008 last year and LOVED it. The three of you could easily stay as the separate living room has it's own pull-out bed (the couch) and the two rooms are separated by a closable door. Unfortunately for you, there is no separate tub/shower combo, but it was perfect for me and my DH. The balcony, IMHO, was incredible!

That's what I wanted to hear - that it is not some strangely unusable balcony. Although I've seen the pictures, I wondered why anyone hasn't mentioned much about it. Is it only accessible from the living room area? I see that there is a large window in the bedroom - is that a door or only a window?

Oh, and also - did you have any trouble with the water pouring out of the shower?

That's what I wanted to hear - that it is not some strangely unusable balcony. Although I've seen the pictures, I wondered why anyone hasn't mentioned much about it. Is it only accessible from the living room area? I see that there is a large window in the bedroom - is that a door or only a window?

It is strangely shaped, but I found that I was able to move the lounge chair to keep up with the sun! It is accessible from only the living room and yes, it is only a large window in the bedroom. I still liked the balcony.

It is strangely shaped, but I found that I was able to move the lounge chair to keep up with the sun! It is accessible from only the living room and yes, it is only a large window in the bedroom. I still liked the balcony.

Another question, please...was it a quiet cabin? Our YC2 was completely quiet. I loved it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I was hoping someone who has cruised in both could give me some insight but I would imagine that combo hasn't happened that often yet.

We booked a b2b in November on Divina - one week in the leftmost YC2 and one week in the YC3. I was weighing the pros and cons when I realized I had the opportunity to book and experience both! We are travelling with a teen, so looking forward to that second room!

• 1 month later...