Port Klang

judithann423

Has anyone been to Port Klang recently?? I believe Kuala Lumpur can be a two hour journey each way and taxis can be a bit unreliable and difficult to organise??

I would like to go to the Petronas Towers and Princess has an excursion for about $50.00 which is for a return coach trip with a few hours in KL. This appears to be an easy and reliable option.

Thoughts anyone???

Thanks

Last month we pre-arranged a taxi for two couples from Port Klang for 450 ringgits ($123 USD). The driver picked us up at 8am for a 12 hour tour. We visited the King's Palace, Batu Caves, Petronas twin Towers, KL Tower (Menara KL), Merdeka Square & Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Royal Selangor Club, Masjid Jamek mosque, St. Mary's Cathedral, Central market and Chinatown - Petaling Street (Jalan Petaling)

The driver can speak English but this a self guided tour. We can recommend the driver and provide his contact details - he responds quickly to emails.

DH and I wanted a very short shore excursion, so organised with Blacklane Limo service to take us to the Batu Caves (about 1hr 10min drive) and then another driver picked us up to take us back. We spent two hours at the cave and really enjoyed it. Got back to Sapphire Princess at about 1pm and had lunch on board. Very hot humid day, so make sure that you have transport that has air-conditioning.

I reccomend doing the tour through the cruise ship!

Traffic can be chaotic to KL from port klang and if you are late ship will not wait for you.

We were on the Mariner and did the ship tour - batu caves, kl tower, and petronas tower plus royal selangor visitors centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know whether this response is too late for you, but we just returned a couple of days ago from a Windstar cruise which had a stop in Port Klang.

We did a tour with the cruiseline. It was called "Skybridge Twin Towers & City Drive" and was US$99pp. We left the ship at 8.45am and got back at 4.15pm. The drive in and out from Port Klang to Kuala Lumpur took about an hour. Traffic was steady - we did not get jammed up anywhere.

Our tour included

- the National Monument

- Petronas Towers (included going up to the viewing levels on the Skybridge at levels 41 & 42 and up to level 86)

- time (about 45 minutes) in the 6 floor Suria shopping centre attached to the Petronas Towers

- time at the Central Market for shopping and lunch (we passed on lunch and went wandering around Chinatown, which is adjacent to the Central Market)

- walk a couple of blocks from the market to the confluence of the Klang & Gombok Rivers, where KL started as a settlement

- walk another block to Independence Square (Dataran Merdeka), which has notable buildings overlooking it, such as the Sultan Abdul Samad Building

We enjoyed this excursion and were happy with the KL highlights we saw during the day, and the free time we had to do our own thing. It was also an easy option, given the distance between Port Klang and KL.

• 8 months later...

We were hoping to go to KL from Port Klang, but being first time cruisers and the excitement of the first day, we overslept, plus we also booked a character breakfast that day. So we only got off the ship by 10am. We figured, 1 hour to KL and 1 hour back, and the all aboard time was at 4pm, we didn't want to risk it.

But while at the cruise terminal "Boustead Cruise Centre", we found a taxi stand which offered reasonable prices. We didn't see any of the reported "mafia" style taxi deals.

Here are the prices on the board:

6 person in Taxi

To KL (sight seeing) Two way $160 or RM520

To KL Taxi only one way $65/RM210 Two way $125/RM390

4 Persons in Taxi

To KL (sight seeing) Two way $85 or RM280

To KL Taxi only one way $40/RM120 Two way $70/RM230

This was posted on a board at port Klang Terminal, and there was a queue line where you talk to a person in a booth.

I'm glad to see that it is not as chaotic as was reported. I have no idea about the difference between sightseeing and just taxi only, I imagine sightseeing is a taxi based city tour, while taxi only means drop off in one area and picked up after.

We would have gone if we felt we had time, we were only going to see Petronas Tower.

By the way there were also other rates for Klang, Port Klang, Genting Highlands, KLIA. Surprisingly Port Klang price was $28, so the terminal isn't really in Port Klang itself!

Boustead Cruise Centre has a Wifi room for cruisers who just want to stay on terminal and back to ship. It was huge and airconditioned. There is also a small shop on the ground floor and some souvenir shops too.

ImageUploadedByForums1448667323.794105.jpg.2eebbc7f5188d1b98a880acfbd74b70f.jpgThis was in a magazine I got from a travel agent today. May or may not be useful to some people. It's a guide to 24 hours in KL. Obviously we cruisers don't get that long but may give you some ideas of places to visit. Interestingly Batu Caves is not here...

Sorry it didn't show very clearly.. Uploaded from my phone! I'll try again!!

Shop - Central Market

Stretch KL City Centre Park

Lunch KL Bird Park

Learn Islamic Arts Museum

Treat Yourself Hotel Majestic

Towering Biews Petronas Towers

Get Lost Bukit Bintang

ImageUploadedByForums1448667662.722971.jpg.97d392b1e02ba27b85803098a4a8f8a1.jpg

Edited by kezball

Last month we pre-arranged a taxi for two couples from Port Klang for 450 ringgits ($123 USD). The driver picked us up at 8am for a 12 hour tour. We visited the King's Palace, Batu Caves, Petronas twin Towers, KL Tower (Menara KL), Merdeka Square & Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Royal Selangor Club, Masjid Jamek mosque, St. Mary's Cathedral, Central market and Chinatown - Petaling Street (Jalan Petaling)

The driver can speak English but this a self guided tour. We can recommend the driver and provide his contact details - he responds quickly to emails.

Could you please let me have his details please at stuartlake@ btinternet.com

• 4 months later...

As far as November 2015, we never received any info about shuttle service by RCL. There is only the Shore Excursions that were offered. My suggestion:

1. Go to the Shore Excursion desk when you are onboard and inquire about it.

2. I however can confirm that there is a fairly well organized taxi booth at the port where there are fixed Taxi rate (at least you don't have to haggle anymore) and there were lots of fellow cruisers that were taking those.

Because we were a big group and we only disembarked at 1030am, it was too late for us to even consider going on a city tour, would have needed 2 taxis and just a car ride around the city... so we ended up like what most Singaporeans do (running joke), which is to have an "Stay on board day".

Hope this helps!

TTFN

Arvin

Edited by arvin
I accidentally said Nov. 2016!

We are going to KL next month and we have a driver recommended from TripAdvisor booked in for our family. Way cheaper than the ship tour...

Can your u let me know how the taxi was and how much we going in 60 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, Unfortunately as I mentioned, we decided not to go as we came down from the ship quite late.

However, I did see the taxis in the queue and they look like normal taxis, so should be okay.

For rates, lucky I took a photo of the rates posted, look for it when you are there so that you don't get duped into paying a higher rate.

6 Person Max Taxi

Klang

one way RM110 or $40

two way RM210 or $70

KL sight seeing

Two way RM520 or $160

KL

One way RM210 or $65

Two Way RM390 or $125

The 4 person Max Taxi rates were obscured in my photo unfortunately, but it is quite cheaper than the 6person taxi. For example I can at least see that the sight seeing tour to KL for 4person two way is RM280/$85 only

I hope I am not going against forum rules by posting these rates, but anyway these rates were posted at the port.

$= USD by the way.

TTFN

Arvin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I would really like the contact details for this if possible? :)