Amsterdam Travel Ticket question

I will arrive in Amsterdam on a cruise, staying at the Urban Lodge hotel near Sloterdijk tration station. I was considering buying the Amsterdam Travel Ticket for 3 days at Amsterdam Centraal train station. It is not clear from the website (link here) if it covers unlimited train travel between Centaal and Slogerdijk, because I'm not taking the train all the way to Schiphol station.

https://en.gvb.nl/amsterdam-travel-ticket

Will the ticket allow me to exit at Sloterdijk ? Will I be able to travel from Sloterdijk back to Centraal ?

PS You might have to check in and out in the stations at the machines each time if you enter/leave the stations.

I had another answere before this, but that is not shown.

Yes you can exit/enter at Slotedwijk since it is a station between Schiphol and CS. it says so here:

Are you visiting Amsterdam for one or more days and will arrive at Schiphol Airport? The Amsterdam Travel Ticket provides unlimited travel on the train (NS railway), the Amsterdam Airport Express (bus 197) and Niteliner N97 (of Connexxion) between Schiphol and Amsterdam and unlimited travel for all GVB trams, day buses, night buses and metros. All of your travel arranged in one go.

Yes indeed. I was thinking about the smaller stations (where you in this case donot come) that donot have gates, just machines to check in/out.

OP, will you be traveling to Amsterdam airport Schiphol after your stay?

Otherwise a single fare for the Amsterdam CS - Amsterdam Sloterdijk and a GVB (Amsterdam's public transport company) multi day card might be a better price (if and maybe by a few Euro/dollars).

The Amsterdam Travel Ticket has a chip and needs to be checked in and out AND between different methods/providers of transport :)

The ticket is a single-use smart ticket (called an OV-chipkaart). Use it to check in at the start of your journey, and to check out at the end of every trip.

Checking in and out

Hold your card up to the free-standing pole or gate to check in for your train journey; then repeat the process to check out again when you reach your destination. You need to check in and out with each operator, i.e. if you change to bus, tram or metro.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from our trip. We ended up getting 3 day Amsterdam Travel Card and then a 2 day Amsterdam and Region Travel Ticket (used to visit Zaanse Schans, Haarlam, Zanvoort aan Zee,Keukenhof), and and a 1 day GVB pass for the final rainy day to do museums and Indische Buurt district.

Two mishaps: Stepping out of the tram in Centraal I missed a step and fell on the asphalt, badly bruised right hand and cut my palm on the steel tram track. Taken by ambulance to hospital and required 8 stitches. No payment was requested and everyone was very nice.

Some stations like Amstel have both Metro and Rail tracks on the same platform. I checked out on the rail platform while my pass was a GVB only. I was then unable to exit the station and was "trapped". I managed to exit the gate behind another person and went to Information booth to have the pass "fixed" to show proper exit. He said it happens hundreds of times a week.