Cedarbrook Lodge shuttle to Seattle port?

mamasylvia

You might want to call them to verify the downtown part. Their web site on the Transportation & WiFi page says they have a shuttle to the airport (which they are very close to) but does not say the shuttle goes downtown. It does say:

Cedarbrook guests can arrange a complimentary shuttle to and from Sea-Tac International Airport, Seattle Link light rail and Tukwila Amtrak platform.

Link light rail can get you downtown but from there it is a bit of a hike (with luggage) to Pier 66 and a fair distance farther (2.5 miles) to Pier 91. Actually with luggage Amtrak might be a better option and cab from their to pier. There are only a couple Amtrak trains to Seattle in daytime (11:22am and 3:02pm). $9.50 one-way per person. If more than one person then taxi becomes economical - especially for the convenience of "direct to pier".

But it looks like a really nice place to stay and if the price was right and I was from out of town I would consider it. Especially since it is away from International Blvd (old US 99) so should be pretty quiet.

Edited by Sequim88

Maybe I got bitten by not knowing the area well. I thought Seattle Light Rail *was* downtown.

The price is higher than I usually like to pay but their shuttle is accessible and I figured it would be worth it if they could take us downtown. It certainly looks pretty but we are flying in the night before the cruise so we wouldn't have time to take advantage off their amenities. Now that you have explained my faulty thinking, I will probably try to find someplace more inexpensive.

Currently the Link light rail runs from just south of Sea-Tac airport at the new Angle Lake station then stops at the parking ramp for the airport and continues (with many stops) through downtown Seattle and onward to the University of Washington at the stadium. Eventually it will be expanded farther north from there a few miles. In the very long term it will connect Everett and Tacoma and another line east through Bellevue to Redmond (Microsoft HQ). This will open up a lot of competition for cruise travelers (many years from now) but the trains themselves are not very luggage friendly - at least at this time.

For now all the "least expensive" hotels are near the airport (compared to downtown) but taking a hotel shuttle to the airport to get to the Link station requires a very long walk through the parking ramp. Also, as noted above, there is no place to put luggage - except by risking the ire of bicyclists and putting it in the bike rack area.

Not quite in the same situation but my wife is in a wheelchair most of the time due to brain injury - but I'm AB and usually do the pushing. But totally empathize with issues getting around.

You might find the following links useful:

http://wheelchairjimmy.com/seattle/transportation/

Also it appears that the Paratransit service of the Metro Transit system is available for use by visitors. If you qualify for local paratransit services at home you can get a 21 day permit for King County.

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/accessible/programs/paratransit.html#outside-king-county Might be worth checking out.

• 1 month later...

Good Morning,

We are staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge prior to our cruise in May on Carnival, they do not offer shuttle to port but have a service they use $15.00 per person each way, it Seattle Express, they pick up from various hotels in the Seattle area, I found them to be least expensive and very accommodating when it comes to wheelchairs, our friends coming with us will have a fold up wheelchair and they assured me it would not be a problem and they would take care of us. She is renting a scooter that will be delivered to her state room and picked up from the state room as well, thought that was easier than trying to bring one, especially with having to transport it to the cruise ship from the hotel. We are also using Seattle Express to go back to the airport, they start service at 7:30 am. and it runs every 15 minutes. Hope this helps and you enjoy your cruise.

Betty

• 3 months later...

The shuttle service was really good it was $15 per person each way they were very prompt and courteous. We had the 1005 pick up and we got to the cruise port around 1145 they had 4 other pick ups at different hotels and there was a bit of traffic. The return was great as well it took about 45 Min to get to the airport as Seattle traffic is terrible. The only downside is that where they are allowed to drop off is a bit of distance from the building and trying to manage luggage and pushing wheelchair was a bit of a challenge as there were no porters around. It wasn't Seattle expresses fault as that is the slot they are assigned for drop off. If you want any further info please ask.

Thanks so much. I booked the shuttle for two and did the Early Bird time (9:00am) and got $5.00 each off the price . $27.98 total. Woohoo!!:)

That's a pretty good score. What are you going to do at Pier 91 for the 2 or 3 hours while you wait to get on the ship? They don't start boarding until around Noon for Elite and Platinum

Another note on transportation from Cedarbrook Lodge. We are traveling with friends so need transportation for 4 plus our luggage from the hotel to Pier 91. The hotel was able to arrange transportation in a vehicle large enough for our group through a car service directly from the hotel to the pier. And the young lady who arranged our car said it would take about 45 minutes. Cost is a fixed price about $7.50 pp more than the shuttle, but we are pleased with the arrangements. We haven't yet decided what we will do on the return, but are considering using the car service again due to the earlier posting on the location where the shuttle drops off passengers at the airport.