Boat Snorkel Tour

CozGurl

I've decided to skip the cave tubing and try to find a great boat snorkel tour. We'd like to do as much snorkeling and boat time as possible.

I do know that there are some cayes that you can go to and snorkel right there, but wouldn't we see more from a boat? Cozumel is that way. You "can" do it from shore but out on a boat is much better.

We usually book privately but not opposed to a Carnival tour if it is super fantastic and better than a private tour.

Anyone have recommendations?

2 Months ago my family of 13 booked a Private Boat Tour to Shark Ray Alley at Caye Caulker with Way To Go Tours. We had a really good time and were doing things at our own pace, the kids enjoyed the beach after the Snorkeling while some of us rented a Golf Cart and explored the Island for an hour before taking off back to Port.

Our first time to Belize we ended up doing a snorkel tour through Carnival. We had booked the Xunantunich ruins tour, but bad weather all week (tropical storm) had washed out the roads there. So all the excursions inland were canceled... everyone was scrambling to book, like us, anything we could get.

We ended up doing the excursion to Gallows Point on a snorkel boat. It was okay, since it was raining off and on, and the boat was a bit over full due to all the tour cancellations. I would bet the snorkeling would have been much better if it had been sunny weather. The vis was a bit foggy due to rain mixing with the salt water.

They had guides in kayaks and also guides leading in the water. Not everyone went very far from the boat, it was crowded only right next to the boat.

We had a good time...

If I were booking a snorkel tour for Belize, there seems to be so many more options NOW in the Carnival listing. I like the sound of some of the snorkel trips that have snorkeling by boat, but then stop on an island afterwards to relax.

The nice thing about our tour was that they picked us up right at the ship, we did not have to take the ferry ride to port. They brought us right back to the ship afterwards.

I have a little video of the excursions... like I said, it rained off and on all day.

My DH is the guy free diving down to point at things. Wish it had been sunny!

We just got back from a cruise yesterday and when we were in Belize I booked a private excursion with Ivar Marchand for my family and 2 others. It was the most amazing experience ever and I highly highly recommend going with Ivar! He was there waiting for me with a sign with my name on it when e reached the terminal . He took us to Caye Caulker where we went swimming with Sri g rays and shark which was amazing, then he took us snorkeling through the most beautiful coral reef I have ever seen. Ivar made our day unforgettable, we never wanted the day to end. I plan on going back to Belize some day because it is so beautiful, but I will always contact Ivar for my private excursion. You will be happy you did !

Does anyone know for sure if a tour boat can pick you up at the ship or do you HAVE to tender first and then meet your tour?

Thanks Mmj326. I read about your tour on the other thread. Ivar sounds great but there are only four of us and we wouldn't be interested in paying that kind of money when there are so many other tour options. Glad you enjoyed!

We just got back from a cruise yesterday and when we were in Belize I booked a private excursion with Ivar Marchand for my family and 2 others. It was the most amazing experience ever and I highly highly recommend going with Ivar! He was there waiting for me with a sign with my name on it when e reached the terminal . He took us to Caye Caulker where we went swimming with Sri g rays and shark which was amazing, then he took us snorkeling through the most beautiful coral reef I have ever seen. Ivar made our day unforgettable, we never wanted the day to end. I plan on going back to Belize some day because it is so beautiful, but I will always contact Ivar for my private excursion. You will be happy you did !

Great to hear! We love Caye Caulker and snorkeling the Hol Chan Reserve is pretty amazing. Always try to steer people that direction because it should be on everyone's bucket list (who are able to do this). Awesome review!