Post your favorite sunrise/sunset photos...

We (correction, I) :rolleyes: ;) had to get up early to see the Sunrise while coming into Skagway Alaska on a north bound Diamond Princess cruise. I'll get up to see the sunrise then it's back to bed for a couple of hours. To get the idea of what I mean here are the times for today July 12, 2014 - Sunrise: 4:04am - Sunset: 10:10pm. I don't remember what ship it was that followed us into port that morning.

56be124d-2568-4046-a867-02fcc1a06f0a_zpsa4d4c25b.jpg

We (correction, I) :rolleyes: ;) had to get up early to see the Sunrise while coming into Skagway Alaska on a north bound Diamond Princess cruise. I'll get up to see the sunrise then it's back to bed for a couple of hours. To get the idea of what I mean here are the times for today July 12, 2014 - Sunrise: 4:04am - Sunset: 10:10pm. I don't remember what ship it was that followed us into port that morning.

Fantastic capture; as much as I'm not a morning person; sometimes it's worth it to get up super early to catch the sunrises.

Edited by MDSue

• 3 weeks later...

Looking back through these and noticed that the images from post have disappeared...here they are again:

From Carnival Fantasy in 2011:

IMG_1622.jpg

From our Alaska Cruise, a 4:00 a.m. sunrise:

4amsunrise_zpsd9c810f4.jpg

Another favorite sunset from Oasis of the Seas:

Sunset11.jpg

Edited by Terre

56be124d-2568-4046-a867-02fcc1a06f0a_zpsa4d4c25b.jpg

Great picture -- we love Alaska. Have been there quite a few times.

Sunset at Little Beach in Maui

0_0_2213b5c18d2ac5eda45ff62e66f86c1f_1

And what happens after Sunset - drum circle every Sunday

0_0_fadb37d133f66393d267c042296c0198_1

You can, if you leave early enough (most times of the year) do the Road to Hana all the way around, then circle back to Little Beach in time for the sunset.

Love the ceremony on the beach. Years and years ago when we went to the Hawaiian Islands on our own (no cruise), at Nawiliwili we were at a hotel where we were able to watch the ceremony of the torches arriving via canoes at sunset.

Looking back through these and noticed that the images from post have disappeared...here they are again:

From Carnival Fantasy in 2011:

IMG_1622.jpg

From our Alaska Cruise, a 4:00 a.m. sunrise:

4amsunrise_zpsd9c810f4.jpg

Another favorite sunset from Oasis of the Seas:

Sunset11.jpg

Beautiful

Glad you reposted them. That will happen at times with pictures disappearing on this site.

Beautiful

Glad you reposted them. That will happen at times with pictures disappearing on this site.

Thank you...I think I originally posted them from my Webshots account which recently closed down. I love, love, sunsets from my cruises and have lots of them to share.

Are y'all using a tripod or monopod for the on-ship sunset pictures? I see some long exposures in some cases . . . VR and image stabilization only go so far LOL.

If you're using a tripod, do you find that the motion of the ship causes problems with your shots?

Whether you are on a cruise or land holiday if you are on the Big Island of Hawaii and the Lava is flowing into the Pacific ocean try to hike out to the flow. The best time to witness the beauty of the event is at night but it also makes for some nice sunsets. This was in December 2012 as lava benches were forming at the waters edge and other flows were finding their way over the cliffs falling 50 to 100 feet into the surf below.

Brooke1001_zpsefd194e3.jpg

Brooke966_zps73645117.jpg

Whether you are on a cruise or land holiday if you are on the Big Island of Hawaii and the Lava is flowing into the Pacific ocean try to hike out to the flow. The best time to witness the beauty of the event is at night but it also makes for some nice sunsets. This was in December 2012 as lava benches were forming at the waters edge and other flows were finding their way over the cliffs falling 50 to 100 feet into the surf below.

Brooke1001_zpsefd194e3.jpg

Brooke966_zps73645117.jpg

Love the pictures.

Have been to Hawaii several times and have seen the lava flow.

• 2 weeks later...

August 10, 2015, above the Arctic Circle. This was an amazing night. Directly to the west.

sunset_zps0a03a18d.jpg

However, a 180 degree turn was the Super Moon.

SuperMoon_zps1a00c999.jpg

It was so hard to stop taking pictures (at about 10:30 p.m.) from one side to the other.