parking at port canaveral for RC cruise

sr5242

I'm considering renting a car to drive from Orlando to port Canaveral. I would use miles to pay for the car, so I figured I'd just park at the port for the 3 nite cruise. Can anyone tell me how far the parking lot is from the royal Caribbean ship berth? I'd love to be able to just walk off the ship at our leisure and just head to the car

Depending upon how fast you walk and what level you are on, about 3-5 minutes.

Instead of paying for parking and the rental car while you cruise, why not drop off the car (all of the major agencies are lined up near the port in either PC or Cocoa Beach) and ride the free shuttle bus to the port? :confused:

Agree with John.

Your going to be splurging miles on 3 nights away from the car and $60 in parking fees (PC charges for 4 days on a 3 night cruise at $15 a day).

You could probably save by dropping off the car at the rental place, shuttle to the port and then using the shuttle back to the rental place after the cruise and getting the car again. Or if possible, maybe they'll even let you park at the rental place being you are renting with them (while on your cruise) so you can save the $60 on parking. Not sure if its possible or not, but I've had rental places who've let me park my car on their property while using a rental so maybe they will let you park their car on property. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by kdawg954

The parking garage is right there. If you are interested in dropping off car and taking shuttle, I have used budget. Don't use Avis. We had problems twice with them at port. Used budget a few times and was very pleased.