Chef's Table on the Sensation

h3yitsvictoria

Is the chefs table worth it? I'm thinking about surprising my boyfriend with the reservations one night cause he's a foodie. Is the food really good? What night is the chefs table on, or do we get to pick? Just trying to see if it's worth the money and what I should expect for the chefs table on the sensation ! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the chefs table worth it? I'm thinking about surprising my boyfriend with the reservations one night cause he's a foodie. Is the food really good? What night is the chefs table on, or do we get to pick? Just trying to see if it's worth the money and what I should expect for the chefs table on the sensation ! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely worth it, especially if he's a foodie. Chef's table is not available every day unless there's a demand for it. They take the reservation and then assign you the day when you board.

Here's a tip. If you can get away from your boyfriend prior (earlier the better), go to the steakhouse and inform them of any allergies, even if there are none and tell them you are surprising your boyfriend. It will alleviate their need to destroy your surprise the night before by coming to your dinner table and asking you for any allergies for Chef's table ruining the surprise for my now wife (then girlfriend). I would do this to confirm as well because they can easily mess up the reservation like they did mine and gave me two reservations for the steakhouse instead of 1 for the steakhouse and 1 for chef's table.

We did the Chef's Table for the first time this past summer on the Breeze.

Afterwards I would describe it as a culinary excursion, not a meal.

I didn't like everything but I sensed early on in the evening not to take a second bite if I didn't love it because the incredible courses just kept on coming. By the time we were served dessert I was unable to try more than one bite.

The gallery tour is amazing and fun. The wine flowed freely. The presentations were nothing short of artistic.

I have already booked it for our next cruise. If you want meat and potatoes, which I love, go to the steakhouse (which I also enjoy). If you want a fun culinary experience, book the Chef's Table and prepare yourself for a long, enjoyable experience.

I would say yes if he is a foodie.. There is probably no better food experience on the ship.

I want to add that on Fantasy class ships ( which you are on ) the experience primary takes place in the library.. it is a bit less of a thrill in my opinion, because you are not actually in the galley.

Some will say it is better, because it is easier to hear the chef explain the dishes, but I really enjoyed seeing the activity in the galley. You do still get the tour in the galley while it is prepping for dinner, it just was not the same for me.

My wife did it with me on the Carnival Vista, and she has several food allergies. They went way out of their way to prep each course for her that would have been an issue separate. It really is a top notch experience.

A tip, if you want to know what night it is for you, go to the steak house and ask the hostess. ( as someone else stated, you can also confirm your food allergies then)

If you ever do it on the Vista, they have a special room in the galley just for this experience.