Carnival Liberty review 2/5 - 2/9

Kanebaby

Seven of us were on the Carnival Liberty to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral Feb.5-9. First, i have to say i don't see where all the negative stuff came from about the Liberty. You must be super, super, super picky. The ship was beautiful. The crew was very friendly. The shows were good, Dustin the cruise director was great, Michelle who did most of the trivia and games was alot of fun (i love me some trivia). The comedians were really funny. We saw Rob Little on the last night and ended up going to see him at the Orlando Improv after we got back home. He was amazing and a super nice guy. Most of the food was great. Plenty to eat. I will say the lunch buffet never looked great, but the Deli, Mongolian Wok, Blue Cantina, Pizza Pirate and Guys Burgers never left us hungry and was always good. And some of the people in our group ate alot of Swirls ice cream. ALOT. Oh, and try the BBQ. Amazing. The best mac and cheese i've ever had. Not kidding! I wanted to try the Seafood Shack even tho there was a surcharge but ran out of lunches. We ate breakfast and dinner in the diningroom every night. Our wait staff, Rolan, Rolando and Dragon were amazing and made dinner so much fun. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and they had the dining room sing to me while he fed me cake. It was quite embarrassing but made my night. Honestly, the only complaint i have is about the room steward. I guess to save money they stopped coming to your room twice a day, and thats fine but i never knew when he was going to come. One day he came when i was a breakfast and didn't come the next night when i was at dinner. But surely this did not ruin my cruise. A great time was had by all and i can't wait to sail again!

1103509328_002(2).jpg.1e5d51a9b38d8ae9d49fb9b7d49ecb69.jpg

16299558_10208453370227790_3652742706379431717_n.jpg.5ae260c2a27271b6f22ef39cd1a95517.jpg

16640998_10208449657094964_280666419896514372_n.jpg.9c3e603e31e7078a46c0cf5983566030.jpg

16708277_10208479293115846_4716606970480306913_n.jpg.dbae434799cd3de54f2553b4a10c9632.jpg

16473854_10208452481405570_7781477669183997395_n.jpg.9949cb34a60f8b04a72b0f172a3d8f8f.jpg

Thanks for sharing this review on the Liberty. Myself and one of my best friends will be taking this cruise next Thursday, March 2nd for the 3 nights. I'm glad to know that I can ignore most of the negative reviews. I've always had a blast on Carnival despite the naysayers. So we are so looking forward to the Liberty next week. I'm bursting at the seams.

Thank you for your review. My January 22-26th cruise was also satisfactory, but in posts that I have made on other threads, my experience did not perfectly mirror yours, particularly as to cuisine.

Entertainment and music were great, Dustin is one of the most energetic and pleasant CD's I have encountered, and the Towel Animal Theater is a show not to be missed!

Re: Cabin Steward: yes, a bit lacking in that area. Never saw the man until the 2nd evening of a 4 night cruise. He caught me in my underwear while I was dressing for dinner. Wanted to know whether I wanted one/day or twice/day cabin service; I told him twice/day. Never saw him again. I suspect, don't know for sure, but I think the "Cabin Steward" whom I met "supervises" other "cabin attendants" who actually service the cabin. These "attendants" wear a different uniform than did the "Cabin Steward" whom I met. While walking the cabin corridors of the Liberty during the cruise, I never saw any crew member wearing the same uniform as my "Cabin Steward", but did see many of those who I think were actually doing the work of taking care of the cabins.

My husband and I just returned from cruising the Liberty (Feb. 16-Feb. 19- Port Canaveral to Nassau) and I have to say I was a bit nervous before going due to the negative reviews that I have read on a lot of the cruising boards. I am so glad those negative reviews didn't deter us from enjoying our vacation! Mind you, we are first time cruisers and never have experienced anything like it.

The Liberty had everything that we were looking for in a vacation, food galore, drinks were never ending and overflowing and if we wanted to find some peace and quite there was always a nook or a cranny that we could find to be by ourselves. The service that we received was some of the best service that we have experienced to the point that servers, bartenders and room stewards knew us by our first names which I can say is pretty amazing for a fully booked 3 night cruise! (Guess a cash tip here or there during the 3 days does help even though we had pre- paid gratuities lol)

We LOVED the Liberty so much we have already booked 5 balcony cabins for next Feb. with the same cabin /deck and we are taking our 2 children and their spouses, my mother and his brother and his wife!

Let the countdown begin!

My husband and I just returned from cruising the Liberty (Feb. 16-Feb. 19- Port Canaveral to Nassau) and I have to say I was a bit nervous before going due to the negative reviews that I have read on a lot of the cruising boards. I am so glad those negative reviews didn't deter us from enjoying our vacation! Mind you, we are first time cruisers and never have experienced anything like it.

The Liberty had everything that we were looking for in a vacation, food galore, drinks were never ending and overflowing and if we wanted to find some peace and quite there was always a nook or a cranny that we could find to be by ourselves. The service that we received was some of the best service that we have experienced to the point that servers, bartenders and room stewards knew us by our first names which I can say is pretty amazing for a fully booked 3 night cruise! (Guess a cash tip here or there during the 3 days does help even though we had pre- paid gratuities lol)

We LOVED the Liberty so much we have already booked 5 balcony cabins for next Feb. with the same cabin /deck and we are taking our 2 children and their spouses, my mother and his brother and his wife!

Let the countdown begin!

Welcome to CC! I see the above is only your 2nd post.

Yes, an extra gratuity left for a Bartender or a Steward often improves the promptness of service, particularly when the bar or lounge is really busy.

Consider trying Diamonds Steakhouse. Carnival steakhouses are worth the extra cost for a special evening. Patronizing them on the first night and/or the first Gala Night, one can receive a free bottle of wine or 50% off any wine on their wine list.

Thanks for the review. We had a great time on the Liberty at Christmas after she was switched out with the Valor. We're sailing her again for my birthday the end of June, and expect to have another great time. On our first day the steward asked if we wanted the room serviced once or twice a day, and we requested the normal, twice a day, but since we're neat freaks, requested he just do it once a day, unless we requested something, which was usually towels.

Let the countdown begin!

We too take those negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Liberty.

We are sailing the Liberty out of PC 4/27. Taking our 17 and 14 year old daughters on their first cruise. They were worried about the negative reviews but I am feeling a lot better. Thank you for your review.