anyone off the Victory today ?

SMSACE6

Just watched her sail out of Miami on the webcam. Looks like a ship that I want to be on:D now!

Will have to wait my turn.

I am eager for new reviews, short, long, with or without photos. So anyone off the Victory this first post dry dock; please give us some feedback. Thanks.

We'll be on her Monday!

:D

I am not asking for a full review with photos or anything, just a quick recap with info on the ship in general, and any percieved improvements with the recent dry dock.

I am not due to go on this ship till October, so can be patient, but would love it if you would spare us a few words on how the ship is, on your return.

Have a great cruise.:)

I got off yesterday. Skybox was fun (great place to watch the Wisconsin/Duke game). Overall, it didn't seem like much was done. Kind of poor condition, but really, it's not the end of the world if a light fixture is missing a decorative piece or the balcony and windows were filthy. We had fun, the chicken fingers by the pool were fantastic, the serenity deck was relatively serene.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer what I can.

I got off yesterday. Skybox was fun (great place to watch the Wisconsin/Duke game). Overall, it didn't seem like much was done. Kind of poor condition, but really, it's not the end of the world if a light fixture is missing a decorative piece or the balcony and windows were filthy. We had fun, the chicken fingers by the pool were fantastic, the serenity deck was relatively serene.

What has been added during dry dock? Guys Burger, Blue Iguana Cantina etc?

No Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana.

Not sure what else was hoped for. I know new bathrooms were discussed. Ours didn't seem any different than any Carnival cruise I've been on; one guy I was talking to said that his tile had been regrouted.

SkyBox sports was there (I think it's new) and it's very nice.

thanks! I kind of wasn't expecting much in the way of improvements, since the dry dock was so short. I am also not much worried about tiles and light fixtures etc. I like serenity deck. I was just curious. Did they really add an alchemy bar? Thanks for the response.:)

Kind of an odd question, but I was wondering if there's still the skylight above the buffet area. I heard they were taking out a skylight, and I was wondering if this is the one. I always like to look up and see the funnel through the glass, so I hope it's still there. Thank you for the information, it's greatly appreciated!

Sailed Victory Saturday April 4th after the dry dock. Had Aft Balcony cabin 8430 and was hoping for new bathroom, etc. The only upgrade for the victory was a new bar called Alchemy. Carnival is only concerned about cruisers spending money in the bar. Word from the crew was the Victory will not be fully dry docked until one or two more years. If you get on not expecting anything new and what an older ship will look like then you will have a good time. If you were hoping for new carpet, new bathroom, new paint, nice looking ship then you will be disappointed. We were.!!!

I'm sorry it was a letdown. I know going in that it is an older ship, so I think my expectations will be met. I chose this cruise based on cost and itinerary. I hope your next cruise will be a better one. Thanks for the response.

They added Skybox & Alchemy. Skybox was very nice. I didn't notice the skylight to NOT be there, but I don't think it would've made a big impact. I'm pretty sure it is, and with them doing so little, I'd find it hard to believe they took it out. But don't hunt me down if you get there and it's gone. :D

It may have been a dry dock to fix a lot of behind-the-scenes issues such as engine repair, hull work, electrical, etc...

Something may have required heavy maintenance or an overhaul that could not be accomplished at sea or in port.

Edited by stobe1