Guarantee Cabin Assignment question

AlwaysReadyToSail

Okay, so I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered before. I did a search and my first few hits didn't result in a clear answer, so rather than sifting through thousands of threads I'm just going to go ahead and ask.

We booked an inside guarantee cabin for the Nov 6 -2014 Med Favorites cruise. We are showing that our cabin had not yet been assigned (Xpress pass and cruise details show " Stateroom: Na, Guarantee "). I assumed that the lack of a stateroom meant we were not assigned one yet.

When I look on the Azamara website it is showing that all inside cabins and outside cabins are sold out, and only verandah and suites remain. Would this indicate that it is likely we will be assigned a verandah? I'm completely happy with an inside...but it would be pretty awesome to get an upgrade.

Being just over a month out, I'm getting excited and antsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strictly speaking guarantee cabins can be assigned up to a week or so before sailing although in reality you'll probably find out sooner than that, perhaps in the next week or so. If inside cabins are sold out then Azamara's revenue department is waiting for one to open up because of say a cancellation or upgrade of one of the existing inside cabins. They may do a bit of re jigging and you could end up with an upgrade if you are lucky, but it's a waiting game at present.

Phil

Strictly speaking guarantee cabins can be assigned up to a week or so before sailing although in reality you'll probably find out sooner than that, perhaps in the next week or so. If inside cabins are sold out then Azamara's revenue department is waiting for one to open up because of say a cancellation or upgrade of one of the existing inside cabins. They may do a bit of re jigging and you could end up with an upgrade if you are lucky, but it's a waiting game at present.

Phil

I totally agree with that. But, on our last cruise we met someone at check in who, even at that late stage, did not know what cabin, sorry stateroom, he was in.

We are sailing on Journey in less than 48 hours and still have not been given a stateroom allocation (we have a Veranda Gty). Despite several phone calls (presumably to Guatemala) from our agent he has been unable to get any information for us; the person he spoke to said that allocations are made by staff onboard, not by AZ reservations department. What planet is Guatemala on? To describe our present state as 'antsy' wouldn't even begin to describe the way we are feeling - we have visions of being turned away at the gangway on Saturday!

Edited by Hamptonflyer

Hamptonflyer.....have you checked online with the most recent express pass, which may have been updated? This is how we found out about our stateroom assignment on a recent April cruise. And yes, we got a very nice upgrade from inside guarantee to a balcony!

We are sailing on Journey in less than 48 hours and still have not been given a stateroom allocation (we have a Veranda Gty). Despite several phone calls (presumably to Guatemala) from our agent he has been unable to get any information for us; the person he spoke to said that allocations are made by staff onboard, not by AZ reservations department. What planet is Guatemala on? To describe our present state as 'antsy' wouldn't even begin to describe the way we are feeling - we have visions of being turned away at the gangway on Saturday! ��

You will not be turned away at the gangway. A 'guarantee' cabin, is as it says, you are guaranteed a cabin, at least in the grade you have booked.

I sail on 11 October and I have not, as yet, been allocated a cabin number. This is not unusual, as on a previous cruise, I wasn't allocated a cabin number until I checked in at the port.

I travel as a solo and to keep the cost reasonable, I usually book a guarantee inside cabin. As such, I don't expect to be upgraded, although I was upgraded on the last cruise, to an outside cabin on deck 3. Perfectly fine, and ideally positioned for a quick dash up to the Mosiac cafe.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hamptonflyer.....have you checked online with the most recent express pass, which may have been updated? This is how we found out about our stateroom assignment on a recent April cruise. And yes, we got a very nice upgrade from inside guarantee to a balcony!

Spot on we had one cabin right up to the last minute and then the one on the express pass changed as I was printing it! The booking info remained the same, never changed.

Yvonne

Thanks! Checked Xpress Pass as advised and cabin allocation has been added overnight. A bit last-minute for our liking, but better late than never! Deck 8, Forward - lots better than the minimum Gty, from the point of view of location, so we're happy. Off to the airport in a couple of hours (overnighting Rome), in a relaxed state - the best way to start a holiday:cool:. Ciao all!

We have cruised about 25 times with Celebrity and RCI. We booked an inside guarantee with Azamara and thats what we received. I don't think their computer knows or is programmed to upgrade past elite passengers.. other passengers who NEVER cruised with Celebrity or RCI did get upgrades!! Go figure.

We have cruised about 25 times with Celebrity and RCI. We booked an inside guarantee with Azamara and thats what we received. I don't think their computer knows or is programmed to upgrade past elite passengers.. other passengers who NEVER cruised with Celebrity or RCI did get upgrades!! Go figure.

Complaining about getting what you paid for is bad form. If you didn't want an inside you shouldn't have booked an inside guarantee.