UK Sailing - Xmas Shopping To Belgium

Not a Thomson trip obviously, but you guys are well travelled and wise and might be able to help me.

Soooo,,, sailing from Essex to Belgium next month for a few days to visit Christmas market.

Would it be okay to bring back cheeses and cured hams, chocolate etc, or is there restrictions at the UK ports on food things. I'm sailing in and out of Tilbury Essex.

Your advise from own experience would be much appreciated.

I've just Googled 'bringing food into the UK' and found a government site which had clear info. Unfortunately on this tablet I haven't been able to copy the link for you but I'm sure you'll find it by Googling as I did. But it looked to me from a fairly cursory glance that you are ok if you are travelling from an EU country. It would be a great shame to be unable to bring diary products in from Belgium ie those fabulous chocolates!

Thanks Kruzeeka for checking for me (I should have googled myself shouldn't I in the first place). !!!!!

Your correct, there is a gov.uk website, I have just checked too and your right, looks like no restrictions from within EU, I will load up with all my goodies and the bonus being no flights so no baggage restrictions 'yippee'.

Many Thanks.

Not a Thomson trip obviously, but you guys are well travelled and wise and might be able to help me.

Soooo,,, sailing from Essex to Belgium next month for a few days to visit Christmas market.

Would it be okay to bring back cheeses and cured hams, chocolate etc, or is there restrictions at the UK ports on food things. I'm sailing in and out of Tilbury Essex.

Your advise from own experience would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Went on a very similar trip from Tilbuy to Antwerp last December.

We bought back lots of chocolates,cheeses and a few flavoured beers. Enjoy Belgium