Current Liberty updates & information

CruiseMomTX

So any new updates or information if the Liberty is fixed? Hopefully for all they get it fixed and it would be nice if Carnival would give updates of what is going on instead of waiting til the last minute. Also is there anywhere else to look for updates besides this board?

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

I don't know why the thread was brought back, but we were on the last cruise out of Galveston before she went to dry dock. Our cruise was just an overnight in Cozumel and we were not scheduled to arrive back in Galveston until 2pm. The last afternoon we noticed the ship was moving much faster. Captain Guisa told us that the technicians had worked miracles and the speed was improving. At the time of our conversation, we were hitting about 18 knots. So, some of the issues were well on their way to being fixed before she ever went to drydock. We docked around 9am.

We cruised the Liberty last Christmas, and most recently the beginning of July. We had a great time onboard, and although it has propulsion issues, it didn't create a problem on our cruise, or have a negative effect. You don't even notice it, except when pulling back into PC. We were on deck two, and really felt the engines when the docking procedures started at 5:00am-6:00am. The whole back of the ship rumbled. This may be normal as we're usually on deck 7 for most of our other cruises.

We cruised the Liberty last Christmas, and most recently the beginning of July. We had a great time onboard, and although it has propulsion issues, it didn't create a problem on our cruise, or have a negative effect. You don't even notice it, except when pulling back into PC. We were on deck two, and really felt the engines when the docking procedures started at 5:00am-6:00am. The whole back of the ship rumbled. This may be normal as we're usually on deck 7 for most of our other cruises.

I'm going to be on deck two in back on my Dec sailing (cabin 2473). Was the rumbling so bad pulling into PC that it woke you up at that hour? If so, it'll make a great alarm clock for debarkation day! :)

I'm going to be on deck two in back on my Dec sailing (cabin 2473). Was the rumbling so bad pulling into PC that it woke you up at that hour? If so, it'll make a great alarm clock for debarkation day! :)

I have been in 2470 4 times on Glory and Conquest and my family in 2473 and there will be no sleeping through when you dock.

There is constant noise and vibration even when sailing at a good speed. I love it, others not so much. You do feel a lot of motion back there. It gets so loud that at least once I gave up trying to watch tv at night when we were going fast.

I have been in 2470 4 times on Glory and Conquest and my family in 2473 and there will be no sleeping through when you dock.

There is constant noise and vibration even when sailing at a good speed. I love it, others not so much. You do feel a lot of motion back there. It gets so loud that at least once I gave up trying to watch tv at night when we were going fast.

I've never been in back before so i'm looking forward to the experience. The noise won't bother me in the slightest since I can just take out my hearing aid and have blissful silence, and the vibrations sound like fun. As long as it doesn't throw me out of bed or fall down in the shower i'll be fine with it lol.

I also booked 2470 for my 2018 Liberty sailing. I love that these cabins have 2 windows and also the huge open layout. When I saw the pics and you tube videos, I just had to book them!