Key West Best Beach

brepri_h

What can you do within walking distance to the cruise terminal? I mostly want to see a few sights, do a little shopping and spend time on a quiet beach.

I'd love beach suggestions as well.

Thanks!

Key West does not really have great beaches. They are mostly small, man made or very rocky. The only beach a short walk from the docks is Simonton Street Beach. It is very small, but has chair rentals and good food and beer from the concession. Try the fish tacos!

Fort Zachary Taylor is often called the "best beach" in Key West. It is in a pretty setting, but The beach itself is very rocky and you need water shoes to walk or swim. It is a pretty far walk. My favorite beach is Higgs Beach, but you would need a bike or some other transport to go there. None of these even approach Caribbean or Gulf Coast beaches.

My guess is you will have better beach options on your itinerary. Key West is better suited to exploring Old Town and our historic sites, shopping, eating and drinking, or going out on a water excursion to snorkel at the reef.

What can you do within walking distance to the cruise terminal? I mostly want to see a few sights, do a little shopping and spend time on a quiet beach.

I'd love beach suggestions as well.

Thanks!

Save your beach excursions for another port.

Mike:)

The beach-side café at the Pier House is open to the public. It's right on their small beach with a great view of the harbor and they usually have live, but quiet, music in the afternoons. You could do your shopping, etc., then hit it for a drink or even lunch.

It's over there on the right

ry%3D400

1 Duval Street.

Pjk

Edited by peter_krynicki