Coki with 1 ship in port

Suzyrn89

We are trying to decide on beach and tours for St Thomas, from what we can find we will be the only ship in port that day. My questions are this:

1. If only one ship in port how crowded will Coki likely be?

2. What is the cost from Havensight to Coki for taxi, my hubby and boys want to go direct to the beach, sis and I want to do a tour with Godfrey and then meet at the beach. Trying to gauge the costs.

We are trying to decide on beach and tours for St Thomas, from what we can find we will be the only ship in port that day. My questions are this:

1. If only one ship in port how crowded will Coki likely be?

2. What is the cost from Havensight to Coki for taxi, my hubby and boys want to go direct to the beach, sis and I want to do a tour with Godfrey and then meet at the beach. Trying to gauge the costs.

I imagine Coki will become "busy" around lunchtime, but it was never too busy for us to enjoy the ocean and snorkeling. We were just there and all of the lounge chairs were rented, but it didn't feel crazy.

The taxi costs $8 per person each way. There are lots of taxis waiting outside of the Coki beach to take you back to port too.

Have a blast!! My favorite island:)

Being a very small bay Coki will be busy but not bad. With 1 ship in port you have another choice, hiring a private driver who could drop the boys at Coki, give you gals a nice private tour, drop you at Coki, and either wait and return you to the ship or you'd taxi back. One driver is Stanley and you'll find his phone# if you search the forum. He sometimes books multiple groups rather than a private group, but that day he may be free for you all day. He charges $35 - 40pp...

Enjoy your day!

[EDIT] - actually if you're there on 7/7 or 7/21 there is Carnival ship at the same port, and on 7/14 and 7/28 OAS and another ship. So just depends on the day and how busy you want the beach. The Best Western at Lindbergh Bay is another good beach choice for non-snorkelers.

Edited by blue_water

Being a very small bay Coki will be busy but not bad. With 1 ship in port you have another choice, hiring a private driver who could drop the boys at Coki, give you gals a nice private tour, drop you at Coki, and either wait and return you to the ship or you'd taxi back. One driver is Stanley and you'll find his phone# if you search the forum. He sometimes books multiple groups rather than a private group, but that day he may be free for you all day. He charges $35 - 40pp...

Enjoy your day!

[EDIT] - actually if you're there on 7/7 or 7/21 there is Carnival ship at the same port, and on 7/14 and 7/28 OAS and another ship. So just depends on the day and how busy you want the beach. The Best Western at Lindbergh Bay is another good beach choice for non-snorkelers.

Thanks a bunch for the info, we were looking for snorkeling from the beach, had planned to use Godfrey since us girls could get a tour and shopping before the beach, and boys were going to do a private taxi direct to the beach, now concerned if we dont get there until after lunch we wont find chairs. We are in port on 7/21, the site I checked only showed our ship.

The ships often have prearranged tours to certain beaches. So sometimes even if there is just one ship in port if they send groups to a certain beach then that beach can be crowded.

If you come by taxi to Coki and it is mobed you will be close to several other very nice beaches, such as Smith Bay Park, Secret Harbor, and Sapphire to name a few. All these beaches have good shore snokeling.

I would take a look at Coki and if it is over crowded move to one of the other beaches.

Agreed - I know drivers like to take folks to Coki because they have friends or relatives working there as vendors and so it may be a bit crowded But still a beautiful beach and with 1 or 2 ships in port it's a good day, and as Bill noted Sapphire is a short taxi away...