Sick of playing the guessing game with FLL hotels!!

SEAGAL28

:( :confused: Ok-i guess i am OCD over this-I am between reserving a room at the cocobella @ Lauderdale by the sea-OR- taking my chances and bidding for a room on Priceline. We are fly in 2 nights before our cruise (OCT.6) and that is quickly approching!! Then i also read that a taxi from the airport to F@sea is about $35 bucks?-if that is true would i be better off paying more at a closer hotel?_(but with a higher price?) What to do??!!! HELP PLEASE!! Tired of thinking about it!!! THANKS!!!

You could try looking at Hotwire. Not trying to make things even more complicated or stressful, but it will give you an idea of the discount rates available. If you do try Priceline, undercut the Hotwire rate. For example Hotwire shows 4* hotels in the Beach and Downton zones for $123-124 for those dates.

You could also consider renting a car, then you would have transportation to tour around a bit while you are there. Again, I would take a look at Hotwire. They generally have good rates on short-term rentals.

Most importantly...take a deep breath and relax. You are going Cruising! :D

Seagal:

We've got 2 1-bedroom suites reserved at VistaMar Villa. We're arriving on 10/7 for a cruise on 10/8. The rate is only $85. We booked here after reading a review in Atlantic Journal. Check it out!

http://www.vistamarvilla.com/index.html

Has anyone stayed here?? Does anyone know anything about the facilities or location??

We stayed at the Embassy Suites and had a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then to the port the morning of the cruise. We booked it independently and I can't remember the exact rate but felt it was reasonable. We enjoyed the happy hour in the evening and the made to order breakfast in the morning. Would definately stay there again!

:( :confused: Ok-i guess i am OCD over this-I am between reserving a room at the cocobella @ Lauderdale by the sea-OR- taking my chances and bidding for a room on Priceline. We are fly in 2 nights before our cruise (OCT.6) and that is quickly approching!! Then i also read that a taxi from the airport to F@sea is about $35 bucks?-if that is true would i be better off paying more at a closer hotel?_(but with a higher price?) What to do??!!! HELP PLEASE!! Tired of thinking about it!!! THANKS!!!

Go to Hotwire and put in your dates. You can get a 4* hotel listed as a best buy in the downtown zone/Las Olas for $123 + taxes. I'm pretty sure this is the Renaissance, which is across the street from the cruise port. That's a $10 taxi ride.

You may try Priceline to see if you can get it a few dollars cheaper.

Good luck,

Kel

Has anyone stayed here?? Does anyone know anything about the facilities or location??

My cousin, who lives in Fort Lauderdale, says that it's near all the good beach restaurants. We booked it on a review in the Atlantic Journal (I think). The website looks nice and the owner is very friendly and helpful. We're staying there on 10/7 and 10/13. I can update you after that.

Archived