NLC EPIC TA October 26, 2014

metuken

Who G & L are sailing on the Epic TA? This trip is always a fun ride. :)

Barcelona to Miami, departing Oct 26, 14-nights, arriving November 9. Barcelona (Spain); Funchal (Madeira); Philipsburg (St. Maarten); St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands); Disembark Miami

Us! Me and my boyfriend will be on that cruise. Not even sure of how are we going to pay for it haha :p it was such a great deal we got that I would be a fool if we passed on it.

First time with NCL.

Have you realized the cruise is actually longer? It does some ports before and then after, so it seems we are on the middle leg. Will drop us on Miami and then it goes on to Jamaica, Cozumel and then goes back to Miami. Its 28 days total.

My partner and I (50 and 52yo from Calgary,Alberta,Canada) have booked a balcony room on this cruise. It'll be our fourth Transatlantic cruise, first one in a westerly direction! We look forward to meeting other GLBT folks on this crossing to spend some time with over drinks and dinners!

We've found that there is always a large group of us on the transatlantic crossings and hope this cruise will be same. Looking forward to getting to know some of you before hand.

Allen and Darrell

• 1 month later...

Hi there...

Booked my B6 cabin last week - first cruise ever and right away starting with transatlantic *lol*

Looking forward to getting in touch on board :D

Btw: Anyone else interested in the scuba diving excursion on St. Thomas?

Marius

Edited by Berlin72

Hi there...

Booked my B6 cabin last week - first cruise ever and right away starting with transatlantic *lol*

Looking forward to getting in touch on board :D

Btw: Anyone else interested in the scuba diving excursion on St. Thomas?

Marius

Hello Marius. Welcome. You will have a great time. THere are many months before we depart. Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask. This group is very friendly. Also, I am trying to get my German friends to also sail with us. Cheer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys! My partner, Corrine and I will be on this cruise as well as my pink flip-fop friends reunion. Corrine and I will be getting LEGALLY (Yea!) Married in Niagara Falls this August after being together for 10 years. It's not legal in Michigan YET, but we are planning to dress up and celebrate our marriage onboard! We would also love to meet some other LGBT people! Count us in!

My partner and I (50 and 52yo from Calgary,Alberta,Canada) have booked a balcony room on this cruise. It'll be our fourth Transatlantic cruise, first one in a westerly direction! We look forward to meeting other GLBT folks on this crossing to spend some time with over drinks and dinners!

We've found that there is always a large group of us on the transatlantic crossings and hope this cruise will be same. Looking forward to getting to know some of you before hand.

Allen and Darrell

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Guys! My partner, Corrine and I will be on this cruise as well as my pink flip-fop friends reunion. Corrine and I will be getting LEGALLY (Yea!) Married in Niagara Falls this August after being together for 10 years. It's not legal in Michigan YET, but we are planning to dress up and celebrate our marriage onboard! We would also love to meet some other LGBT people! Count us in!

Welcome onboard and CONGRATULATIONS! While on Epic plan to meet up on a daily basis in SHAKERS bar for pre dinner cocktails - 6pm is the suggested time. The Friends of Dorothy (FOD), based on previous sailings, will be also at that time. TA are great and the FOD is usually well attended.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you two. Congratulations (of sorts) on the Michigan repeal on the anti gay marriage ban (and then took it away again). Hoping the best for you and yours, and look forward to meeting both of you. Ken.

• 1 month later...

Ian from Toronto... I'm in a B6 as well. My second EPIC transatlantic... I have a feeling that this one will be crazy gay and fun fun fun! I have many friends on board... Looking forward to many cocktails with you all! and ...Congrats on the Niagara Falls wedding!

• 1 month later...

welcome to the group. There will be many of us sailing on Epic. This will be a wonderful crossing.

Frank and Ken from Sarasota, Florida will be on this crossing. We were also on it last year and had a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be our 2nd Transatlantic Cruise - we did last year as well - but this time just the 2 of us (so far) we are 41 and 38 (or at least will be at the time of sailing) and are from Toronto - looking forward to it already - no balcony this time - they were sold out - so interior it is :)

This will be our 2nd Transatlantic Cruise - we did last year as well - but this time just the 2 of us (so far) we are 41 and 38 (or at least will be at the time of sailing) and are from Toronto - looking forward to it already - no balcony this time - they were sold out - so interior it is :)

Hi Dana and Mauro. Welcome. This will be mine and Greg's first TA. Really looking forward to it.

There's a great group of people on this sailing even if this particular roll call doesn't look very active. The main CC roll call and a group on a popular social media site (that we are apparently not allowed to mention :eek:) are quite active and have a lot of guys who have done this sailing in the past as well. I'm sure you might very well know some from last year.

Also, I was checking today for a friend and noticed a bunch of balcony cabins just opened up so if you want one, it might be worth checking to see if you can switch.

Look forward to meeting you on board. Just 3 months to go!

Karl (and Greg)

Hi Dana and Mauro. Welcome. This will be mine and Greg's first TA. Really looking forward to it.

There's a great group of people on this sailing even if this particular roll call doesn't look very active. The main CC roll call and a group on a popular social media site (that we are apparently not allowed to mention :eek:) are quite active and have a lot of guys who have done this sailing in the past as well. I'm sure you might very well know some from last year.

Also, I was checking today for a friend and noticed a bunch of balcony cabins just opened up so if you want one, it might be worth checking to see if you can switch.

Look forward to meeting you on board. Just 3 months to go!

Karl (and Greg)

Thanks Karl and Greg

Can you send me the link to the main thread - I had a hard time finding this one...lol

I just called and the balcony is 700 more - so I think we will pass. We paid the exact same last year for the balcony as we are paying for the inside this year - and barely used it - so its hard to justify the extra money.

We didn't really participate in any of gatherings last year as we were travelling with 2 of our straight girlfriends - but this years its just us - so we are planning on meeting up.

Can't wait for it to get here -I am not wishing my summer away - but I am looking forward to relaxing.

Dana and Mauro

Thanks Karl and Greg

Can you send me the link to the main thread - I had a hard time finding this one...lol

I just called and the balcony is 700 more - so I think we will pass. We paid the exact same last year for the balcony as we are paying for the inside this year - and barely used it - so its hard to justify the extra money.

We didn't really participate in any of gatherings last year as we were travelling with 2 of our straight girlfriends - but this years its just us - so we are planning on meeting up.

Can't wait for it to get here -I am not wishing my summer away - but I am looking forward to relaxing.

Dana and Mauro

Here's the link to the main roll call thread (139 pages so far!):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1761958

Definitely plan to come to the gay group gatherings. Lots of fun and we've met many new friends there who we stay in touch with and even plan future cruises with. The group on this sailing are veteran Epic transatlantic-ers and many of them have cruised together before and I can tell it's a great fun group.

Here's the link to the main roll call thread (139 pages so far!):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1761958

Definitely plan to come to the gay group gatherings. Lots of fun and we've met many new friends there who we stay in touch with and even plan future cruises with. The group on this sailing are veteran Epic transatlantic-ers and many of them have cruised together before and I can tell it's a great fun group.

Yep it's a reunion for many guys from Epic TA 2012 and Breakaway's TA to NY last year. Both great groups :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking-in. I almost forgot about this board because that other "social media" space for this cruise is so chatty.

Brian (and my BFF Erika) here. We can't wait for the FOD meetings. On last year's TA for The Breakaway it spilled out of Shakers and into the hallway. NCL was great and had their best bartender (Oka) working there and she kept the drinks delicious and frequent.

I know a few guys on this board from The Breakaway's legendary crossing. I look forward to meeting the rest of you as soon as we all get settled aboard.

Based on previous travels with some of these guys . . . you might want to look into the option of pre-buying the Unlimited Beverage Package. There are MANY late nights of dancing at the club in our future.

PS: Don't forget to pack a Halloween costume and a sexy outfit for the White Hot Party.

PPS: Most states are having elections on November 4th while we are at sea. Be sure to request an absentee ballot NOW from your local elections board so that you can make your votes count.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

So excited about this cruise. It's my boyfriends 27 birthday so it's gonna be a great celebration for us on this trip. I see there is a Facebook group for this roll call, but I can't seem to find it :( can someone tell me the name?

Thanks!

Hiram

Edited by voyager89