Harwich Cruise Train

sasset

I think it is the right place to post and would like experienced input as to cost, crowded conditions, the time you have to be off of the ship to make this train and finally, whether you can purchase the tickets on the ship.

Thanks in advance.

I think it is the right place to post and would like experienced input as to cost, crowded conditions, the time you have to be off of the ship to make this train and finally, whether you can purchase the tickets on the ship.

Thanks in advance.

We got off the ship purchased our train tickets at the train station and easily made the approx 8:00am train from Harwich - Liverpool Street Station....very easy to do....The train seemed crowded with more commuters than cruise ship passengers...glad we opted for 1st class more room for us/luggage and our choice of seats...Sorry I can't remember the cost but the difference between regular/first was a small price for us to pay for the added space/convenience.

You can ask the Ship to include you in one of the earlier departure slots. We had ore-purchased a ticket but lots of other people just paid in the train.

The only problem was a lack of space for luggage -- you just have to stick your cases on spare seats.

• 2 weeks later...
So it is possible to pay while on board? Do you know if the price was the same as pre purchase?

So far as I could tell those paying on the train were paying the same fare as we had been charged - I had bought our tickets for the route, not for that specific train. Whether her there was a different deal available from the cruise company , I do not know.

These days the standard single fare from Harwich terminal to London Liverpool Street is about is about £30 but cab be as little as £10 if you precook for a specified train. That, however would not be for the dedicated cruise train and would involve having to make at least one intermediate change which you would not have to do if you took the cruise train.