Are only level 5 cabins partial view?

rachelfran

I'm looking to book the july 18 departure on the odyssey - and would like to know if all cabins on level 5 are partial view? There is only one V2 cabin left and it's also on level 5 (521) -- Does it also have partial view?

Thanks,

Rachel

I have stayed in a V2 on deck 5. The "partial view" was no problem at all for me. The lower part of the balcony rail is solid metal (I estimate about 700mm high) and the top part is glass (I estimate about 300mm high). I didn't find that the view from my balcony or cabin was restricted too much, and would certainly book a V2 again. Of course a full glass balcony would afford better views, but the price differential wasn't worth it for me.

Edited by cruising kirby

I believe that all cabins on deck 5 have restricted views due to the metal. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. We were on 6, but we checked out the deck 5 cabins, and they were just fine. The only limit comes if you look down, or look out your verandah door from the bed. Otherwise the view is fine.

We tried deck 5, V2, for our last cruise, on the Quest. Prior to that we sailed on the Odyssey on deck 6. The difference in the view with a partial metal railing is, in our estimation, a non-issue. We barely noticed. The one real difference we found was that we could sometimes hear the anchor on deck 5 when coming into port. Not enough to disturb us; we were just aware of it. We have booked a 14 day cruise next April on the Quest and again chose a suite mid-ship deck 5. i personally don't think deck 6 is worth the extra cost, and in case of bad weather, we know we will be happier on the lower deck.