Questions About Long Beach Parking Garage

Laurie S.

We're thinking about parking in the Long Beach pier garage for our next cruise but I have a couple questions for anyone who has done it. We would drive over from Tucson and stay the night before at a Marriott or Holiday Inn where I can get a room on points.

I was planning on arriving at the garage around 10 am or so. The prior cruise would not have disembarked yet. What is the likelihood of getting a parking space at that time? I also have handicapped parking, but no big deal if we can't get it.

What about leaving after disembarking? We will be in Zone 1, so usually how long can it take to get out of the garage, pay and be on or way?

We've stayed the last two times at the Queen Mary and Hotel Maya, and might want to try the garage this time, but not if it's a big hassle. It's an 8-hour ride back to Tucson.

Mom and Sis arrived yesterday around 11:30 and had to park on the roof. They were onboard by noon being Platinum.

There is lots of parking at the pier just not in the structure. Huge lot to the left of the structure, around the Queen Mary and over to the Catalina Express. Never seen it at capacity.

It is a huge PITA leaving the structure. Hopefully there are two lines open. Keep your receipt out as you'll need to show it leaving the port area. Stay to the right.

If you park in the 'flats' you pay in the left line as you leave the area.

How long it takes is anybody's guess.

I'm sorely tempted to go back and stay on the Queen Mary again, because it was so much fun. It is more expensive, but it does ease up the parking worries. I also drive a big F-250 Superduty and sometimes they don't fit in parking garages. Thanks!

Just came from San Pedro parking on Saturday. We arrived there at 10:30am. Do remember if you get to the lot at 10:am, you MUST leave before 10:am after your cruise or you will be charged a extra day. Those that did not do self walk offs in San Pedro Saturday didn't start to be able to get off the ship until after 9am. We did not have any troubles at all and getting out of the lot was a breeze. So I would expect the Long Beach parking to be the same. Your ticket shows you what time you get in so that is why you must leave before your ticket time.

Edited by timetravler

If you think about it, people start getting off the prior cruise, likely, before 8:00 am...and continue to disembark through some time after 10:00...So, spots in any parking lot or structure are continually opening up...If I were getting there at 10:00, I would just pull up to the handicapped parking spaces and wait a few minutes until the next person gets off the ship and gets to their car...Wouldn't be long...

After looking at the hotel prices again, I think we will do the parking garage. It's a 13-day cruise, so there is no park and cruise rate that long. I know the garage is $17 a day, but what about the flat parking area? Where is it and how much is it? Thanks for the help!

After looking at the hotel prices again, I think we will do the parking garage. It's a 13-day cruise, so there is no park and cruise rate that long. I know the garage is $17 a day, but what about the flat parking area? Where is it and how much is it? Thanks for the help!

The whole port area is $17 whether you park in the structure, the flats, Queen Mary or Catalina Express.

The flat area is just outside the parking structure. You'll see it to the left when you pull the parking ticket.

Have you priced out the Maya with the added parking? For comparison $17/day x 13 days is $221.

Edited by SadieN

I'm going to call Hotel Maya and see what they offer for a 13-day cruise. We stayed there a year ago, but it was only a 7-day cruise. I may call the Queen Mary, too, and see what rate they will offer. At least there is plenty of time to plan!

Mom and Sis arrived yesterday around 11:30 and had to park on the roof. They were onboard by noon being Platinum.

There is lots of parking at the pier just not in the structure. Huge lot to the left of the structure, around the Queen Mary and over to the Catalina Express. Never seen it at capacity.

It is a huge PITA leaving the structure. Hopefully there are two lines open. Keep your receipt out as you'll need to show it leaving the port area. Stay to the right.

If you park in the 'flats' you pay in the left line as you leave the area.

How long it takes is anybody's guess.

This is Sis. There were no places in the parking structure. Plenty of places up on the roof. Parked in the second row near the elevator. There were many cars parked in the outside lot in front of the Queen Mary. When we left at 8:30 and saw a few spaces open on the lower floors in the structure.