CELEBRITY CYBER SALE - Beverage Package

JERSEYGIRL1983

DH and I got an amazing deal (resident rate) on a 7 night eastern on standard balcony on Reflection in December. We also scored OBC. Unfortunately it was not combinable with 123go promo. I have "shopped" our cruise for additional price drops/comparisons, etc...everyone stated i had an excellent rate and they couldnt do better. It was true. So when i got n email yesterday from Celebrity advertising their cyber sale i rolled my eyes and figured it was pointless to investigate. Well, i looked. In the past, to add the beverage package it would have cost us an additional $450-$500 extra because we would need to pay the standard rate. Well, the standard rate dropped!!! So we were able to secure the beverage pkg for only $230 more - total! We did the math at 2 drinks per day at approx $8 per drink (underestimated) it would come to $224. We definitely woulddrink more than that and im a big latte/cappucchino drinker in the mornings so its obvious the way to go! I feel we done good....right???

Hi Jersey Girl,

I will try to help here. Let's do some math:

New pricing for Classic Beverage Package is $55 per person per day x number of days x 18% Gratuity. Your cruise would be $55 x 7 x 1.18 x 2 people = $908.60

Premium pkg. is same as above but use $65 pp pd. comes out to $1073.80.

The difference between the two is 165.20 each or $330.40

Unless you have an absolutely amazing deal I am wondering if perhaps the number you are seeing is the price to upgrade a pkg. and not actually the cost of a pkg.?

I have no idea if this is helpful, but I always try to look at all these deals as a cost per person per day, taking into account any perks. :)

Just to confirm the details. You were originally booked on a resident rate that did not have the beveridge package. When you originally looked, the cost of booking with the beveridge package would have cost you $450-500 more (I assume that's total).

You've now booked under the latest cyber sale and the price of your cabin including the drink package is only $230 more (again, I assume this is total) than you are currently paying using the resident rate with no drink package..

If your numbers factor in any lost shipboard credit then I agree you did well. I also see you weren't fooled into using the "estimated value" of the drink package, rather you estimated what you would spend and still came up with a savings. Congrats! I always check my cruise pricing weekly to ensure that any price adjustment or promo is worth considering.

The latest cyber sale saved me an extra $200 over my original booking (the price drop was around $300 but I lost a $100 shipboard credit). Keep looking up until your final payment date. You never know if/when you'll see another offer that might further save you money.

Hi Jersey Girl,

I will try to help here. Let's do some math:

New pricing for Classic Beverage Package is $55 per person per day x number of days x 18% Gratuity. Your cruise would be $55 x 7 x 1.18 x 2 people = $908.60

Premium pkg. is same as above but use $65 pp pd. comes out to $1073.80.

The difference between the two is 165.20 each or $330.40

Unless you have an absolutely amazing deal I am wondering if perhaps the number you are seeing is the price to upgrade a pkg. and not actually the cost of a pkg.?

I have no idea if this is helpful, but I always try to look at all these deals as a cost per person per day, taking into account any perks. :)

Thank you for your response. May as well be specific on my end....lol

Initially we paid 1,536 and rcvd 275 Obc

Now we are paying 1766 and it still includes obc plus bev pkg. i did confirm that they are both on the updated booking confirm.