What`s best in Barbados?

pappy

Last time we were there we took an independent taxi tour (not great), then were dropped off at the Boatyard Beach (great). We paid an entrance fee, gave us right to use shower facilities, two chairs, an umbrella, and two drinks. A bar was nearby for food and drink service, so we ordered fried flying fish (great) to go with our drinks. Some people around us were partying, but we were just relaxing enjoying the beach. There were rope swings, water trampolines, jet skis and parasailing available.

We stayed until the sun set, got some great pictures, then headed up the beach for dinner at a great beachside restaurant named Lobster Alive. The best meal with the best ambience of the whole week.

We're going back there again in a few weeks. This time we're going to catch a cab to Crane Beach, eat lunch at the restaurant there, catching the view of the Atlantic Ocean. Then we're heading back to Boatyard and Lobster Alive to wrap up our day.

Happy cruising!

hmmm, it depends on what you like. I would recommend an Island safari, it is a bit different.. but it rocks.. some friends and I did it and it was different and fun. then again my friends are crazy too. But ask them about their jungle juice :D

Cheers !!

oh here their web site: www.islandsafari.bb

cheers again !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
First time in Barbados and who knows maybe the last. Will be there 1 day and need advice on what to do....Okay ? What`s the best excursion on the Island

We used Sanjay (an independent taxi driver). We've been in Barbados twice and had Sanjay drive us both times. He will customize your tour wherever you would like to go. He also offers suggestions. We found him to be reasonable as well.

We were in Barbados this past December. We wanted to see some things that were not part of standard tours. After recommendations from this board, we used Tyronne Griffith, to take us around. He did not disappoint. He took us wherever we wanted to go and was extremely knowledgeable.

We were in Barbados this past December. We wanted to see some things that were not part of standard tours. After recommendations from this board, we used Tyronne Griffith, to take us around. He did not disappoint. He took us wherever we wanted to go and was extremely knowledgeable.

Barbadosskippervance.com

We used Sanjay (an independent taxi driver). We've been in Barbados twice and had Sanjay drive us both times. He will customize your tour wherever you would like to go. He also offers suggestions. We found him to be reasonable as well.

Barbadosskippervance

Not quite sure why this thread is back up to the top but if you want to go on the coolest excursion EVER go on the Catamaran run by Calabaza ... Gina is absolutely the best host ever. The food is wonderful and the scenery is incredible. We loved seeing all the sea turtles. Honestly, this is the best excursion I've ever been on and I can't wait to go again.

Not quite sure why this thread is back up to the top but if you want to go on the coolest excursion EVER go on the Catamaran run by Calabaza ... Gina is absolutely the best host ever. The food is wonderful and the scenery is incredible. We loved seeing all the sea turtles. Honestly, this is the best excursion I've ever been on and I can't wait to go again.

Add my vote for this trip:D

Add my vote for this trip:D

Add my vote also. Best Excursion ever.

• 3 weeks later...

The date on this original query is old, but some still may be interested!

We did the "Swim with Turtles, Shipwrecks, Snorkel and Beach" excursion through RCCL from the Adventures. It was fun, great catamaran ride, two different snorkel sights and then some time on the beach. The time over the shipwreck was interesting, the time with the turtles was too crowded, IMO. It was hard to even move around much, with so many snorkeling in such a small area. BUT, seeing those incredibly beautiful turtles that close up was AMAZING.

The rum punch, well, it was more like rum with food coloring. We had learned our lesson on a previous snorkel cruise to not over-do it on the rum punch (let's just say that we don't remember getting back onto the ship...a little TOO much rum punch!) so we didn't have much. :cool:

ALSO...one word of warning...do NOT buy any palm frondy creations from the nice men who try to sell them on the beach. They are beautifully made, and we really wanted to take something authentic home with us...so we bought a basket for $20. However, they will NOT allow you to bring it back on board the ship. :( Very sad...but the US won't allow plant materials back through customs. So, we had to had over our basket. I was bummed, and I'm SURE that the man who sold it to us knew that...live and learn.

The excursion was fun though...I'll see if I can add a photo of the turtles here and one of the beach where we stopped.

PTDC0088.jpg.08befd1e1868f263f77a5ed793ee431f.jpg

PTDC0103.jpg.1f5c2350147f6f6c38351491460f023d.jpg