Noro on Dawn Princess..

Just heard from friends in Sydney , that boarding has been delayed a few hours , so that the entire ship can be sanitized , due to the dreaded Norovirus.

Dawn Princess sets off today on a Circumnavigation of Australia and New Zealand.I trust the outbreak will not spoil their cruise.

Just heard from friends in Sydney , that boarding has been delayed a few hours , so that the entire ship can be sanitized , due to the dreaded Norovirus.

Dawn Princess sets off today on a Circumnavigation of Australia and New Zealand.I trust the outbreak will not spoil their cruise.

the Noro's not good and Sydney Ports have her departing at 7pm

It was apparently on the Golden Princess to for the entire 31 night South America cruise I did. Luckily I was not infected. I did realise it was on and avoided the buffet, did not use the gym and when I boarded in Buenos Aires I took on my own sanitising wipes to clean the entire cabin from coat hangers to insides of drawers. Not one place in that cabin was not cleaned by me on arrival.

On nights returning to my cabin I often noticed that stewards had been spraying every single passageway wall on that ship from ceiling to floor with some sort of sanitiser. Even the handrails on staircases around the ship seemed to be wiped down every hour.

There seems to be a large list of ships with that outbreak lately. Always take precautions and you wont get it.

One thing that has me thinking is that the cruise lines require you to complete a form stating you are healthy to travel on their ship. However they gladly accept healthy people onto a ship that is not healthy and is infected with norovirus. :confused: I doubt that you would get a refund if you refused to board the infected ship.

Dawn Princess required deep cleaning in Melbourne and again in Sydney with all passengers including the quarantined passengers disembarked until 1600.

I disembarked off the Dawn Princess today in Sydney and can advise that the ship was using complete sanitation procedures from Melbourne to Sydney.

Melbourne embarkment (2 days ago) was delayed for four hours until 4pm after a sanitation scrub down, Horizon court food was served totally by Princess staff and other staff were constantly around the ship wiping down public handrails/areas.

There were multiple sicknesses onboard, but I was told that these were moreso from sea sickness than virus-related. The ride from Melbourne to Sydney was quite a rough ride, as the seas showed some of their might.

Not a great start for the round Australia trip from Melbourne, hopefully the weather can begin to behave and also staff/passengers can contain any further outbreaks.

We also had Noro on the Rhapsody last week with increased hygiene measures including full service in the Windjammer & several staff walking around wiping down surfaces continually from about day 5. Depending on who you talked to there was anywhere from 60 to 100 cases reported. It got a little more difficult for staff when we ran into the remnants of cyclone Ita & you couldn't tell if people had symptoms of Noro or were seasick!! Still had a fantastic cruise!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Edited by chaz cruiser

We disembarked from the Dawn on April 11 after the New Zealand cruise. There were over 100 people infected with the virus including me. We were so careful but I still managed to get it. Luck was it was at the end of our cruise not the beginning. the captain mentioned the outbreak nearly everyday and told us to take precautions. We're going on another cruise in December and I'm quite worried that I might get it again.