Excursion ideas for Magic? (Coz, Beliz, Roat)

davidyal

Planning on our first time cruise with the kids- ages 8, 6, 4 on the Carnival Magic in August.

I'm overwhelmed by the options for shore excursions. Any ideas on best ideas for young kids 8, 6, 4? Most of the items on carnival.com show age 8 minimum. Is it better to book in advance or arrange upon arrival?

Planning on our first time cruise with the kids- ages 8, 6, 4 on the Carnival Magic in August.

I'm overwhelmed by the options for shore excursions. Any ideas on best ideas for young kids 8, 6, 4? Most of the items on carnival.com show age 8 minimum. Is it better to book in advance or arrange upon arrival?

Look into Mr Sanchos in Coz. Good beach day. All inclusive just go to their web site.

Free beach at Routan right off the ship.

We did the river Wallace tour in Belize loved it.

In Roatan we did an excursion through Carnival called "Maya Key" and it is still my favorite excursion to this day.

They have a gorgeous beach, zoo and animal sanctuary.

They provide lunch, snorkeling, etc.

A delicious lunch is provided.

They have a few small museums on property and a gift shop, changing rooms, etc.

We spent the first part of the day in the water snorkeling/swimming, had lunch and then wandered the key looking at all the animals and museums.

I'm looking at this same itinerary, but with a toddler. DH and I have been to Roatan and Belize (before child). We did cave tubing (dot com) in Belize and Tabyana )SP?) Beach in Roatan. The cave tubing was a blast, but a 6-year-old might be too little. I wouldn't take a 4 year old.

I've heard there is a zoo in Belize. Not sure about that.

Have you been over to the Ports subforum?

Edited by wampuscat7

For Belize, you can check out cave tubing dot bz. Not sure what the minimum age is, but they are a good company to use in Belize.

Not sure if it is a good idea (I'm going with, no...) but they say they will take infants!

OP, search for posts by Mitsugirly. She has reviews of things she has done at all of these ports in her signature. She has pictures in her reviews so you can see some of the places, and has done cave tubing when her little one was around your little one's age.

:)

Better yet go to this page in CC http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2229685&highlight=mitsugirly

Post #5 this is where you can find ideas and reviews.

Edited by topspot