Travelling to Rome by train

michelle028

Hi everyone,

Quick Q- anyone travel recently from the port of Civitavecchia To Rome by train? How much does it cost for each adult and how long does it take each way?

A bit confused with the different types of trains available, not sure which one to take.

Thx for your help!

Happy cruising!!

Edited by michelle028

A quick search finds the Trenitalia website, here:

http://www.trenitalia.com/

shows it takes anywhere from 45 minutes to about 90 minutes, and price is as low as 9 euro. Price will depend on how far in advance you buy your ticket.

You can take any train that meets your needs.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi everyone,

Quick Q- anyone travel recently from the port of Civitavecchia To Rome by train? How much does it cost for each adult and how long does it take each way?

A bit confused with the different types of trains available, not sure which one to take.

Takes about an hour. Some faster trains (45m), some slightly slower (70m). Prices start at €5; but if you're just there for a day buy a BIRG ticket €12 ?(something like that) which also includes buses/metro in Rome as well as the return train fare

Also, while the slightly slower trains might seem like a bad idea, they may have the advantage of stopping at a more convenient station than Termini. (like Roma S.Pietro). Depends a lot on what you're doing/where you're going.

Thx for the replies and helpful info, I'm interested in just going to St. Peter's square and the Vatican museum.

So from what I have been reading. I have to get off at San Pietro station right?

Good tip about the BIRG ticket....is it easy buy them from the ticket machines or should i go to the window?

Thx for the replies and helpful info, I'm interested in just going to St. Peter's square and the Vatican museum.

So from what I have been reading. I have to get off at San Pietro station right?

Good tip about the BIRG ticket....is it easy buy them from the ticket machines or should i go to the window?

Yes, you should get off at San Pietro for the Vatican/St. Peters.

I'm not sure if the BIRG is available in machines. Used to be they were not, but perhaps things have changed in the last 18 months or so..... I always buy one at a shop enroute to the station to avoid the lines at the ticket window.