Liquor Stores in LA or San Pedro

caliber35

Greetings to all. I am sailing on Crystal Serenity's World Cruise next weekend. Can anyone suggest a liquor store to obtain a case of Dewar's Scotch locally at a competitive price? I will be staying in Beverly Hills at the Hilton the night before, and would also have time to shop in San Pedro on sailing day. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

How are you getting from Beverly Hills to the port?

You could swing by a BevMo store (very large liquor warehouse chain)...

They have stores in Long Beach and Torrance (Both a little bit of a drive from San Pedro, but you could stop on your way):

Torrance

Distance from San Pedro: 8 miles

21301 Hawthorne Blvd.

Torrance, CA90503US

Phone: (310)543-9170

Fax: (310)543-9193

(Exit 405 Freeway at Hawthorne, South to store. After shopping, go East on Carson to 110 South to port)

Long Beach

Distance from San Pedro: 10 miles

6521 East Pacific Coast Highway

Long Beach, CA90803US

Phone: (562)598-1850

Fax: (562)598-1864

(Actually across on the other side of Long Beach from the harbor...a little more out of the way than the Torrance store, but a pleasant drive)

You might want to contact the store ahead of time and make sure they have exactly what you're looking for...

Steve - Thanks for the info. This might be a little difficult as all my transfers are provided by Crystal, but I will cab it to werever I need to go once onboard. And to Orv, not being wealthy, I can probably afford to sail on Crystal because I drink Dewars. Of course they serve it onboard, but Crystal, unlike most lines, allows one to bring any libations with you for in-cabin consumption. So, I enjoy a cocktail in my cabin while dressing for dinner and then enjoy a nice bottle of wine, purchased from Crystal, with my dinner. I estimate my savings on the cocktails alone at about $1,000; enough to enjoy many additional shore excursions.

Thanks, Jayne, I am counting the days. Found a case of D12 at a killer price at BevMo in West Hollywood, near my pre-cruise hotel. Ordered online and will pick up when I arrive next week. Many people think that if you sail Crystal, you are a wealthy snob. Actually, I sail with Crystal because I think it is one of the best values out there. Especially for singles, as they have a low single supplement. I had originally reserved on Princess, but when Crystal announced their itenerary and pricing, I found that I could sail with them for only about 20% more than Princess. It was a no brainer for me! Thanks for steering me to BevMo, Steve.

ORV.....you could be a little kinder....that what this board is all about....asking question and not slamming people.....just my opinion.....Please enjoy your Dewars & your world cruise.

Actually that wasn't a slam or a flame, sorry you felt that way about. Just a simple question.

Archived