Thoughts about Embassy Suites in Miami?

Fraucruiser

This will be our first cruise out of MIA. We enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL when we cruise out of Port Everglades. We booked the ES assuming that the experience would be the same. After reading through several posts, I am not a bit concerned. We will be spending three night pre-cruise in MIA. Should be find another hotel because it seems pretty isolated with nothing around it at all? TIA!

This will be our first cruise out of MIA. We enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL when we cruise out of Port Everglades. We booked the ES assuming that the experience would be the same.

As you have figured out, the Embassy Suites at MIA is nowhere near the port. Or any shopping. Or any decent restaurants. So nothing like the one near Port Everglades.

Cancel as fast as you can. But without knowing what your interests are, or what attractions you may have plans to visit, it is hard to recommend a specific neighborhood. Other than not near the airport.

Totally agree. That ES is a choice for late arrivals when there is no time for exploring.

If you stay downtown/Brickell you will be in walking distance or a quick ride to Miami Beach, tours , the port etc.

I also agree with the others. It is fine for one night pre or post cruise, but no more. I stayed there last September and it was fine, but I would not consider it for any more than one night, just based on the fact that there is nothing near by to walk to easily. Downtown, Brickell, Port Area, or South Beach would be good.